Check E'm Out!

GoldenMotor.com

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Not a clue. I was on my lunch break and the guy that works on them was not there.
I'm going back next week with a real camera.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Wow! Great Call corgi1, it definately looks like a space liner:

solokumba You should try to buy that off them, it is missing bars but it has that trick springer fork :p

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
From what I've been reading, they are a Sears bike built in the mid-60's. There's a couple on 'the other site' but they rebuilt one of the forks and assembled them backwards, couldn't figure out why it 'tracked weird'... plus it was posted in '07...

Gee it won't ride right

If you don't jump on that frame, I'm sure other Floridians would scoop that up. Just let them know where it is... :D

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
Wow! Great Call corgi1, it definately looks like a space liner:
solokumba You should try to buy that off them, it is missing bars but it has that trick springer fork :p
I'll be going back next week to meet the guy. I'll let you guy's know what he has and take some pics. A Space Liner would be cool.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me, do you know what type of bicycle is the blue one on the top of page one with the cool-looking old style engine? It's not the Hopalong Cassidy model by Rollfast. Maybe there were decorative studs in that chain guard, it has the longhorn handlebars and the fringe on the bags off the carrier. The design of those bicycles from the late forties to the early sixties did alot for the popularity of motorized bicycles today. A couple of generations of men and women today bought or remember those bicycles because they looked so cool, and they created the fantasy of motorizing. Thankyou. "you haul sixteen tons and what do you get? one day older and deeper in debt" -Tennesee Ernie Ford

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the first bike is a DP Harris Hardware & Mfg Co. (the makers of Rollfast... well, actually, the W.P. Snyder Co made the bikes, Rollfast was just one of the brands Harris used.)

it looks like a late 30's bike. if you look close, the chainsaw motor is ziptied on there, and there's no drivetrain for it. it was probably just something someone mocked up in the store because it looks cool. fits right in.

that being said, i'd totally buy that bike for the right price. it's pretty rare.

the second bike looks like a Monark, judging by the "kink" in the middle tube. that one looks like it usedta run at one time, maybe it still does?

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
The store where these bike are located is in Malabar Florida.
Call Chris Hughes and ask about them.
321-676-8727