my back wheel keeps locking up

GoldenMotor.com

sneakypete33

Apr 7, 2010
usa
I built my back last spring and rode it almost every day for the whole summer. But twards the end my engine started making a weird noise and my back whheel would lock up. Today I went out and bought a new rim figuring that the bairings were bad but im having the same problem Please help

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
I've started having this problem recently. The engine has about 500 miles on it and the wheel would lock up when engaging the clutch. the problem was that my chain tensioner got misadjusted sometime in that 500 miles. i readjusted it and the problem was fixed. by the limited info that was given im guessing that could be your problem. be careful though, from the wheel locking up a few times it damaged my chain. i didnt realize there was a problem with the chain until it broke going about 20mph today. it wasnt fun and it broke my drive sprocket and blew sprocket teeth through the case into the magneto. my point being to make sure you inspect your chain after all those wheel lockups because you dont want to damage anything. hope this helped. good luck!