BlowByU Full Belt Drive Felt Magno Build

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, I just saw the mock-up pics and see that it is the tank and not the seat......whew, had me worried for a sec. Was thinkin you were gonna have to change the name of the build to the "Hemi-Special" or "Pile-o-Piles" er sumpin like dat laff

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are a few pics of the brake levers I bought for Rare Bird.

SANY0398.jpg These are the ones I am going to use

SANY0400.jpg These are the ones I bought first but are way to short

SANY0399.jpg This shows the size difference between the two

At first I thought the old school levers would be right but as soon as I saw them I knew I had to get larger ones. So I bought mini bike levers, both are for the left so one will be upside down. The adjusting adjusters are a little big for the bike cables I will try to find some that will work better with bike cables.

Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Antonio
I will be spending the next few days Re-organizing my shop and when that is done I will be finishing this build.
I can't wait to put it all together and take it for a ride

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
HI Everyone
Well here are some pictures of my shop after buying some racks to help organize it so I can work on bikes.
Before this you had to walk sideways to get through I now have plenty of room and this is one of the reasons why I have not worked on Rare Bird.
I just have some final organizing to do and I will be right back at it hopefully next Monday.
These pics are not to show off just to show what $200 bucks for racks and 30 hours of hard work.
Special thanks to my best buddy Adrian with out him it would have taken 70 hours to get this far.

SANY0413.jpg

SANY0415.jpg

SANY0416.jpg This sheet of plywood will get painted white and some of my tools will be hung here.

SANY0417.jpg

SANY0418.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Heres the last ones

SANY0419.jpg The two tool boxes on the right will get reorganized

SANY0420.jpg This is my welding table it will get cleared off and I am going to put Castor wheel on the legs & it will be getting one of those 360 degree vises.

SANY0421.jpg

shop pic.jpg

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You got everything but a metal leath you could be turning your own shafts? I have that same little drill press. Nice shop lots of shelf's

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
You got everything but a metal leath you could be turning your own shafts? I have that same little drill press. Nice shop lots of shelf's
All the shelves where put in on Saturday the green ones where free and the large racks cost me $170.
I am going to get a better welder first and then a lathe my shop has a little ways to go but it is getting there.
Cheers
Terry

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
I was just reading through this for the 11th time, but who's counting. I saw the pics of the engine sitting in the frame and it looks TIGHT. True, or camera angle?

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I was just reading through this for the 11th time, but who's counting. I saw the pics of the engine sitting in the frame and it looks TIGHT. True, or camera angle?
Yes those where mock up pics and if you look closer at the those pics you will see that I have the mount set really high about 2 inches high. The reason I did that was I was not sure what the clearance would be for the belt so I just set the mount as high as I could just for the moch up. When the mount is put in place for good I will have it just above the pedal chain guard. I think I have a pic of my MP some where and you can see the difference.

Felt MP.jpg

That picture is what the clearance will be like when Rare Bird is done

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey Terry,
Hows this bike coming along, and where did you get the sheaves for the wheels?

Cheers
Hey chainmaker
I have not done anything lately my self and my family have been battling a nasty cold.
I have ordered the Abraham linkage front end that should be here next week.
I am going to offer this belt drive as a kit so I don't want to make the info public so I will PM you that info
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK Everyone
Time to get back on track here the Abraham Linkage front end came in yesterday and I have it installed now. It fit like a glove no changes where needed just bolt it on here are a few pics

SANY0492.jpg

SANY0495.jpg

SANY0496.jpg

SANY0497.jpg

On Sunday I will make this bike so it is ride-able and then I will start work on the mount and the painting the engine and transmission

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Is the tank finished yet, I don't see a gas cap?
scotto
I think your mind is slipping don't you remember my pencil drawing and how my seat was going to be a pain in the butt. But then you looked back at the photos and saw the fuel tank on the lay back seat post LOL it sucks to get old you know. The steel frame felts top tube is so small it is not worth doing a tank in them.

AzToker

Feb 28, 2010
Too Stoned, Az
Wow That a awesome build!. Ihope you don't mind me asking question about the lay back seatpost/gas tank. How long is the seatpost from the top to the tank? I really like to add this to my build later on but wasnt sure if the post is long enough. Again awesome build!