Okay, I have $350 saved up

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi guys. I've been wanting to put together a 4 stroke since around Thanksgiving. I've already bought a bike (Micargi Stealth), a really nice Whizzer tank, wide cranks, a three piece crank conversion kit, motor mount, Throttle setup, and a manic mechanic hub adapter with a 40T sprocket. I also have a nice set of ape hanger handlebars with a 13" rise D bend.

Now it's time to get to business: I'm debating on either getting the Dax Super Titan and the 3.25:1 gearbox, or going with the hometown favorite, the EZM box with the Standard Hua SHeng engine.

I'm getting really impatient and tired of looking at a bunch of parts in boxes. Any input would be greatly appreciated as my trigger finger is itching.

That 40T sprocket will probably have to be replaced with something larger, either way. Thanks for your input.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I've heard that too, Newbie. I haven't heard or read anything bad about either of these companies or their products, even after extensive use of the search feature here.

I bought my first 2 stroke kit from Duane back in 08 and have since built other two strokes from different vendors. They weren't quite as good as the Dax kit and his service and communication were excellent.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi LS.
Quenton and Bill are great guys, and I hope to do business with them in the near future. I just didn't have enough cash & I wanted to get rolling. Duane takes really good care of his people and has been around for decades.

This won't be my last bike...good Lord willin' & the creek don't rise!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't knock the titan kit, but if you have the money, the big if for almost all of us, get an EZM, they don't die. Talk to JB cruisin about how many thousands of miles he has on his. But absolutely get a titan motor otherwise. Steer clear of the grubee g4's they are a little cheap in their build quality

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have read a lot of complaints about problems regarding the g4 and "thought" that I wanted a honda with an EZM gearbox. I bought a Manic hub adapter & sprocket (40T-too low I think) and that set me back a few. Whizzer fat tank was expensive around $75 or so. Hondas were $315 shipped to my door PLUS I'd had to get another carb & disable the govnah'. With all the other things that I WANTED to do, it was getting pricey. Have you noticed that food & GAS prices are climbing up?
So, in conclusion, I WAS going to do alot of things with this bike, but I went with what I could afford for now, and I think I made a good choice.

Happy SuperBowl!

Attachments

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Jim, the sprocket is still new, I put it on the bike to see how it fit/looked but haven't ridden it yet. That's very cool that you would do that.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure wich size sprocket I need. Gearbox ratio is 3.25:1 with a 10T output sprocket.

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Oh I'm coming alright Bill. I need a flexpipe from you! I have to put SOMETHING from EZ on this one! If you've got an old 2 stroke pipe laying around I could use the manifold too!