stocker Bolen BL110 25cc muffler mod help.

GoldenMotor.com

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
stocker Bolen BL110 25cc muffler upgrades and engine preformancd upgrades?

So my engine has not came in yet, it will be here in about 2 weeks.

Now what is up for discussion is modifications for silencers/standard type straight mufflers.

If anyone has any idea of bolt sizes I may be able to come across a real moped muffler that is burnt out, splice it in half and do some modifications or find in good condition for free.

In referance to silencers and mufflers, silent is not achievable but I wish to cut down on what is known as "shock waves" if I recall correct is what they call it without taking extreme effect on performance/backpressure.

I did see a nice new muffler for 8 bucks on eBay with free shipping.

Second, I would like to know what are some modifications I can do to boost up the 25cc to about 40cc. (This will be concidered during the first rebuild) after the motor tanks from long term useage

I have guestimated between 10-18lbs of tension added by springs between 25-49cc.

I do not wish to go above 22lbs of tension at a max of 100cc

As my starting position will be my middle gear for pedal based starts.

I have also thought about the gear ratio.

I would like to be able to logically hit 30mph in 40-45 seconds tops. Without sloppiness such slippage.

Currently I am running knobbys, but Will be changing to semi slick knobbies for effeciency, a smooth roll base with added traction I corners. Also in the case of severe weather I will be investing in long term range side spiked tires for snow and ice combat.

Update: I will have a s thematic drawn out within a few days so someone can help me with the idea.

Enough talking everyone shoot.

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Maniac:

The huge bowl of legal weed he just hit has him thinking he can go 45mph with a 25cc string trimmer engine. Without making any exhaust noise.

Somehow this involves springs.

That's all I got.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
You are expecting alot from this 25cc engine. You should get it mounted and see if you can make it work. Don't worry about making changes till you make it work. As far as riding in the rain or snow or going 30MPH with a 25cc friction drive,you need to do more research. Good Luck!

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
You are expecting alot from this 25cc engine. You should get it mounted and see if you can make it work. Don't worry about making changes till you make it work. As far as riding in the rain or snow or going 30MPH with a 25cc friction drive,you need to do more research. Good Luck!
I figure that is a good idea, in addition I just want the best with time comes upgrades, with the consulting of the wife included although I do bring the money on for now, I still let her run finances as she has triple experiance in financial from past business and jobs she ran.

Once she gets a new job it's a "RAP" cause then I can change to chain drive centrifical clutches, as well as rebuild my engine after it tanks I can get more power and cubic centimeters out of my stock block.

Tax times comming! Bump the cell bills, car note will be paid in full and it will be a RAP is all I am saying.

On and on til the Early morning!!!! Lol

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Maniac:

The huge bowl of legal weed he just hit has him thinking he can go 45mph with a 25cc string trimmer engine. Without making any exhaust noise.

Somehow this involves springs.

That's all I got.

Lol NO maybe I should go 're-write that so you can understand it some times I babble on in rotation around one question. I know 45 is a lot, 49cc mopeds only do 35-40 max restricted/unrestricted.

Should not be hard to build a block up for 2 cycle, those 8 cylinders are more complicated as 8 pistons + timing advance and timing retardation comes into play. The heads also have to be to spec or chances are you will end up with fail mating of the heads resulting in leaking or blown head gasket in a short time.

Trust me I am not some old VA state red neck boy who slaps stuff together. I just have a need for speed backed by my deceased family members who raises me with Ford's and chevys.

on 275 acres of land you would be throwing mud too. Lol
Ripped em up on 4x4 and ripped em up on front wheels drive.

The most I can do to show my true colors again is to build the power hog. Not worried so much about mpg right now, when time comes to renew my license I am going to get my motorcycle endorsement at the same time.brnot

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Okay then. Carry on.
Lol at the photo just got done going off on the corner store people cause they said "bike outside" at three places the last one said no cyclist in store and I broke bat poop on them. This is My Car!

"I'll be dang if I let a crackhead come steal my bike in the night"

I am not brand new and there is not even a scratch of gunk on it.

I'll drag them into the store and throw them into EVERYTHING and then tell the clerk YOUR RESPONSABLE FOR THE DAMAGE"

LOL

CRAH ABOUT MY CAR! .flg.dnut

Last edited: