Mint Craft build

GoldenMotor.com

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh. Got my wide crank in today installed in about 30 minutes. now all I have left to do is the throttle cable and grips, drive chain, and tensioner, Then I am reinforceing the fender brackets with 5 minute flexible marine epoxy on the flimsy mounting brackets. Here are a few more pictures.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Blue, I'm not a big fan of epoxy for metal to metal attachment applications. It might look okay and it might hold, temporarily but eventually that glue is going to fail you.

There are several good threads here on fender reinforcement ideas. Here's a good one >
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=14032

Take a look and choose another option to keep your fenders on. Please, for your sake.

Tom

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh. Maybe I should have been more clear. The epoxy that I use is to fill in the slack between the bracket and the rivets to minimize ratteling. I ran body shops for ten years before I went to work for Harley Davidson. The epoxy that I am using is a type of dyna glass. hard as steel but will still flex with expansion and contraction. I prefer that as opposed to solder or welding because the fender is to thin. I am putting it on the under side thin so it want even be seen. I have built hinge post for cars that have been hit in the side where the door hinges so I know the strength of this stuff. Thanks for your concern though. I do appreciate your input.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
I failed to mention that if you look at the fenders on that bike there are no struts just u shaped clips. that are riveted on and I put the epoxy on and then tighten them before the epoxy dries.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.I found it at bicycle engines.com go to their site and it is listed under 4stroke chain and drive gear parts on the second page. their three piece crank with the conversion kit is Wider than this crank kit if you are looking for one that is real wide.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.I didn't know anybody knew who Shirley Q Liquor was. He lives in Pt. Arthur less than 20 miles from where I live. To anybody who doesn't know He is a radio comedian. Don't worry I do not go anywhere that nut. Thanks for the compliment on the Bike I will be finished with it Tuesday the 10th but still adding things like rear metal carry rack,speedometer, front caliper brake and rear inertia brake tail light. I will post more pictures as I upgrade items.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
you can find it in paint supply houses I think their are different brands but it is called dyna glass it has body filler fiberglass fibers and harder when it drys you can drill it thread it. I built a hinge piller for a 79 Volkswagen with it dyna glassed in the hinges and hung the door. The car was hit right in the hinge piller and they totaled the car because you could no longer get a hinge piller for it.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Finished build today. The only thing I have not put on yet is the speedometer. Not here yet. Put head light front brake and inertia rear brake and tail light combination. no wires for brake light it senses your brakeing action and has a computerized sensoner that makes the brake light come on. The tail light goes of automatic after setting still for two minutes.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I never realized Shirley Q Liquor was a guy. It's not too hard to find her spots and some of her routines on the radio in Houston. That's just "ignant" of me.

Last edited: