Thread lock your bolts!!

GoldenMotor.com

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
My buddy got a new engine a few weeks ago and he didn't take his bolts out and thread lock em. He got left along side the road wishing he had some nuts and bolts. I had him bring his bike over and I changed all his nuts and bolts and slapped on some thread lock for em..lol..any of you guys have that problem? Also i had the cops pull me over riding to work. They tried so hard to find something illegal with my bike. They couldnt ;) cops says to his buddy im gonna get that guy. Its like geeze got something against bike motors or what.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Oh well, some have to learn the hard way, at least you got him going. I can't believe all the plick cops around. You'd think that they would have better things to do. I know they do.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The only thing I use thread locker on is bike parts. Fenders, chain guards and small fasteners, never on the engine. Tighten them once then check after the engine has reached operating temperature a couple of times. I've never had an engine fastener loosen. And I've accrued a lot of miles on my bikes. Use a torque wrench and don't overtighten things. Damaged threads will not hold and overtightening fasteners will damage the threads. Then you'll need a thread locker to keep things together.

If you feel a thread locker is necessary don't use the red stuff or you'll never get things apart without heat if you don't want the aluminum threads to come out with the steel fasteners.
Take some time and read the labels on the product you plan to use.

Tom