Springer to Triple Tree Fork

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
This bike started out with a Springer front end that was lower with spacers. The ride was nice but you could not let go of the bars with-out the bike wanting to pull to the side. I just built another bike with a triple tree fork set-up that I lower about a 1 ½ for looks and the ride was very solid. You could blast down the road and let go of the bars and it would track straight (A nice feeling). So I chose to swap out the fork. The fork I purchased had a bracket for the disk brake caliper, the best part, it was in the perfect spot since the brake I had bolted right up and alignment was right on. The result was a very solid ride with a front brake that would let you nose wheelie if needed (the beauty of a hydraulic brake).

What next?

CulverCityClassic

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The tanks and paint are all done in house. The tank building process takes time, that's for sure. The out-come is nice. I am building another bike right now and will post pictures soon. Thanks for your interests.

CCC

Monrovia Glen

Jan 8, 2010
Monrovia
The tanks and paint are all done in house. The tank building process takes time, that's for sure. The out-come is nice. I am building another bike right now and will post pictures soon. Thanks for your interests.

CCC
CCC are you going to post some new pics of the ride you are working on soon? I'd be interested to see them.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I like the way a springer rides but don't trust it at hi speeds (China Made) so I opt to run the triple tree set-up. You just have to keep an eye out for road objects such as pot holes.

I ride this bike all over and love the way it handles...I rode from Culver City to Brentwood then all the way to Malibu up PCH and back home today; at least 50 miles. It was a death ride up PCH but a nice ride.

chaves48

Jun 25, 2010
NYC
What kind of frame are those? They look like lowrider beach cruiser frames but not thast far stretched out. I been looking for a frame like that for some time now, when can I get one like that?

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Wow, nice looking bikes!

Not to change the subject too much, but I'm working on a similar gas tank and I've got a question for you. I noticed that the tank on the black one is back a little ways from the head tube. Did you do that so that the fork would not hit the tank or just for looks?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks for the compliment on the bikes. If you notice one of the frames has a gusset on the front tube. This is part of the bike so I had to set the tank back some. It also help with clearing the fork tubes.

This was the first in tank I made and I have revised the tank to fit a little better for the build I am doing now. It is under pictures and called “The Deuce in Frame Tank Build” check it out!!