2009 Raleigh Venture 4.0

GoldenMotor.com

mdn8ive

May 2, 2010
jacksonville, nc
hi

very new to the whole idea of a motorized bike.

my current non-motorized bicycle is a raleigh venture 4.0. it's a men's. it has 26" wheels and 36 spokes. i believe it has the quick release axle and 21 gears, but am not sure as i'm in the process of moving.

i'm looking at a 2 cycle, chain drive (rear or v mount), 48cc engine to start with. don't want to spend 600+ just yet :)

any recommendations for this bike? can any of these engines be put on a bike with a quick release axle? i got the impression "no".

also, what about ejects/flips? what do i need to know about that and how to avoid them?

thanx
jw

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
Go with the 66cc claim to be 80cc engine, you can get a kit for around $150, the only real warning is about the front fender, it needs to be well braced with at least a 3 point mount so that the fender doesn't brake and get wound up in the rotating front wheel in which case the front wheel stops and you don't. About the axel,,I don't know for sure, I believe you need a solid axel but a call to one of the larger sellers on this site will get you a for sure answer.