Cheap Rubber Motor Mounts

GoldenMotor.com

garystoltz31

May 15, 2011
pacific wa
You may want to check Manics custom fitted motor mounts out @ $43.00 shipped its a great deal.I've had them installed for about a week now with the rubber isolators that fit into the machined grooves no problems here. If I may,here is a picture of his new designed mounts.
where can i get those motor mounts whats the website if u could let me know i would appreciate it thank u

ReiMon

May 12, 2010
New Hampshire
Absolutly isolate.. The fact is if you ridgid mount it the action of the motor will result in a 5k plus harmonic. Never mind that you feel it in your ass, your motor feels it. I've broken 2 carbs and blown 3head gaskets from the vibration. **** rubber, Spring type shocks work better. My bike is in it's third season now. I've broken 3 sets of studs off the rear mounts. The keys is a spring loaded dynamic type chain tensioner to take up the slack of the slight engin movement and spring mount the engine... Only allow enough movement to disapate the ocililation created by the piston action but DONT ridgid mount or you'll be tightening your head bolts every 5 miles and going back to find your aircleaner every2.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Absolutly isolate.. The fact is if you ridgid mount it the action of the motor will result in a 5k plus harmonic. Never mind that you feel it in your ass, your motor feels it. I've broken 2 carbs and blown 3head gaskets from the vibration. **** rubber, Spring type shocks work better. My bike is in it's third season now. I've broken 3 sets of studs off the rear mounts. The keys is a spring loaded dynamic type chain tensioner to take up the slack of the slight engin movement and spring mount the engine... Only allow enough movement to disapate the ocililation created by the piston action but DONT ridgid mount or you'll be tightening your head bolts every 5 miles and going back to find your aircleaner every2.
Sorry but I and many experienced builders will have to disagree with your thinking.
This isn't based on theory but experience. An engine that is mounted solidly to the bike frame will not compromise the mounts or mount fasteners. If you've broken three sets of mounting studs that should be telling you something. Springs, rubber, whatever, any resilient action between the engine and frame will eventually come back to bite you.
Tom

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
When I first built my bike (rigid mount with stock clamps, no chain tensioner) the bike would set my feet numb in 10 miles. After using a spring loaded neoprene roller to just take the vibration out of the chain (hand tight by using dropouts and axle placement), I haven't had the problem and the bike runs fine. Chains have lasted a LOT longer now.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I don't know what experiences you guys have had, but I must disagree with this negative stance on using rubber padding on the mounts.

I've used some rubber from home depot bungee belts, and months later they're still there and work just fine. The engine has stayed in place and I've never had to re-tighten the mounts or change the rubber once.

EDIT: This is what I used:

Just cut off pieces or slice them in half to the size/thickness you need, and they work great.

Last edited:

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
yeah dropped $20 on those p.o.s. and should have left a good thing alone...i was thinking they would lift motor a lil higher so my fancy pants air filter wouldn't rub...bunch of broccoli..didn't pan out. i'm not saying i'm getting frustrated..but i guess i am. all the lil extra things you think would be cool...end up being a headache to install
no sweat where there's a will there's a way :)

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
I've mounted mine with split 1-1/4" black HDPE irrigation pipe. I wanted to make a firm mount but didn't want to have stress risers where the engine clamps squeezed the down and seat tubing on this antique's frame. So far so good, but it's only a 48cc and it doesn't vibrate all that much. Making sure your stock exhaust pipe is supported is half of this battle.