I need a "cool" helmet

GoldenMotor.com

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
My Dad was famous for his "stupid jokes" but they allways made me laugh :)
My most favorite quote ever! "the most wasted of all days, are the ones without laughter" ee cummings
;) so very true, I think!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My Dad was famous for his "stupid jokes" but they allways made me laugh :)
My most favorite quote ever! "the most wasted of all days, are the ones without laughter" ee cummings
;) so very true, I think!

Ayup and God bless that!

(A life with out folly, is a wasted event)

DakotaLynx

Oct 30, 2009
Marysville, WA
I totally understand the need for cool helmets. Don't want to look like one of those ridiculous Spandex superheros while going down the road, or look like you have a crow's skull taped on backwards to your head. laff

I use a Fatigue green Giro "Bad Lieutenant" helmet with a pair of Spookytooth's Bobster Bugeye goggles. I've gotten a lot of comments from random folks about just how awesome my headgear is. Technically this is a downhill skiing helmet, but they have a ton of padding inside a PVC casing (With a nice leather or canvas cover), and they look like the old Army Steel pot helmets! You can even get a Giro "Tune-Ups" kit, for those that want to listen to their iPods, or must talk on their phone. This sucker has protected my head from many a bad downhill skiing crash (Including a nasty face plant that screwed up my neck for two weeks). The googles are nicely padded and rubber, but I may go with a pair of aviator style goggles in the future as these look a bit small on the helmet.

And to whoever posted that Aviator helmet and goggles: That is bloody awesome!!! I love the wings! It looks like something you SHOULD wear on a motorized bicycle! When I do replace my helmet I may just get one of those! Are they DOT approved?

Keep on riding! ~Dakota Lynx

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Dakota,, I agree :) The one I got kinda looks like that,, German type helmet, with the Grim Reaper on it,, DOT approved also!
2Door. Those are AWESOME!! But a bit out of my price range. I actually do have an old Helicopter helmet,, supposidly from the Viet Nam era. I wore it for Halloween this year. I was going to wear my tankers helmet,, but it was too small. I collect helmets :) among other things

darrick

Nov 14, 2009
South Texas
We use the biker "skid lids".... They're only $20. at the swap meet, & they look cool!! ;)
the dome look is coo

but I value my jaw skin.
using a Polaris full-face moto/atv helmet right now. (with snow goggles when cold)

makes me look like a ninja storm trooper

getting a red 661 comp helmet soon to mix it up a bit.