Manic Mechanic - It's a No Brainer!

GoldenMotor.com

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Huh? What happened to my post? I thought I posted a somewhat lengthy message on this thread.

I 'm sure I did.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I'd posted a note that either didn't post, or was deleted :confused:, but to the effect that Jim really does, in my expience, go above and beyond the call of duty.

He gets my appreciation, and can count on my being a return customer.

Brent

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Iam completely impressed--my refund came thru as Jim said it would--it was sent on the 15th--our customs held up an express money order that long !!
Robin, fantastic!

I send a lot of stuff to Canada and every once in a while customs holds up the package.

I should have used Fed-ex for this one...it would have been the same price. Fed-ex seems to have an "IN" with customs around the world.

Jim

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
Jim, at C E is one of the most reliable, responsible, knowledgeable and
crafty guys you will ever find!! He is a MAJOR asset to any motorized
biker, by providing unique QUALITY custom made components that work and fit the MB world. .Plus all of his "stuff" is reasonably priced too!
What more can you ask for? maybe free delivery by a couple of Hooter
girls??? Some of the guys that try to put together these M-Bikes hardly
know which end of a screwdriver to use! It's no wonder that they encounter so many problems

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
HOOTER GIRLS DID I HEAR RIGHT.Jim send me a gasket and 2 hooter girls.Please send them in a plain brown box marked aircraft parts so harleys mom wont find out.WOOOOOOPS she looking over my shoulder,please cancel the order.In the great words of Rickey Ricardo,LUCY YOU GOT SOME SPLANING TO DO.HARLEYS DAD

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Thanks guys!

The funny thing is that the very first...The original...Hooters is on Gulf-to-bay Blvd just east of US19 in Clearwater. I bet you guys knew that already...:D

We go there for lunch once in a while...No promises, but I'll mention special delivery of our parts to the girls the next time we're there.

P.S. Thank you outrunner! It is the people who understand the value of custom machined parts that keep me doing it.

Jim

Last edited:

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I think Hooters in Canada is but a pale imitation of the American Hooters.

I've been to three of them here. The food sucks, and the waitresses.... Ahhh, no thanks.

floridaboy

Apr 25, 2009
Hudson, FL.
Jim is a great guy to do bussiness with. I have been to his shop quite a few times and see what is envolved in the makeing of his parts and think he is doing a great job and service to all of us motor bikers. He has alot of good ideas but it takes time to design and build the parts. We are lucky to have him.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I too have his rear sprocket and sprocket adapter on my Schwinn OCC. Just what the bike needed, priced at a bargain, and excellent quality.

jonjen2

Jul 27, 2009
IL
Jim, can I call you Jim? Or Mr. Awesome parts guy? I own one Schwinn Jaguar. It has a MODUS 08-H hub, is this the same as the 08-E? I see that you are in the process of creating a complete install kit, but I am leaving for OSAN AB Korea in October. If this hub adapter and sproket are the same then I will order the one you have ready....If not well I will try to get the sproket kit working until I can order the correct one and have it shipped to Korea, if you can ship USPS? I know this was long winded, and I thank you in advance for your time.
Jon

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Jim, can I call you Jim? Or Mr. Awesome parts guy? I own one Schwinn Jaguar. It has a MODUS 08-H hub, is this the same as the 08-E? I see that you are in the process of creating a complete install kit, but I am leaving for OSAN AB Korea in October. If this hub adapter and sproket are the same then I will order the one you have ready....If not well I will try to get the sproket kit working until I can order the correct one and have it shipped to Korea, if you can ship USPS? I know this was long winded, and I thank you in advance for your time.
Jon
Jon,

I'm sure we can get you fixed up before October.

You will need to measure the diameter of your hub. I would guess that they are the same diameter, and that the "H" as opposed to "E" represents some minor change, or designates a production run...but nothing is certain so it will be best to measure it. The 08-E measures 1.185".

Jim

P.S. You can call me James, you can call me Jay, You can call me Jim...Just don't call me late for dinner...:D