Hello from Riverside, Ca

GoldenMotor.com

Jun 19, 2015
Riverside, Ca
Hello everyone
First I would like to say thanks for having such a cool forum.
I have seen a couple of motorized bikes and thought I want to ride one. I ride my old Schwinn beach cruiser. I may be to old to have a motorized bicycle but I don't care.
“ I want one ” So I guess I need to keep reading to decide what I want to do. First a good strong frame what to choose.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, you're never too old to ride a motorized bike if you can still pedal one! I would say that most people build a 2 stroke from a kit as their first. I still have the first one I built, its a 2010 ocean pacific cruiser. The first engine was a 48cc grubee that I still have and plan to use on a bike for my wife, I'm running a bgf 48cc on it now.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, 350. Like Greg said, "you're never too old". I'd bet I'm older that you. In fact there are times when I think I'm older than anyone, and I'm still riding.

Good luck with your first build. Read and ask questions and we'll walk you through your first motorized bicycle project and get you on the road with a minimum of trouble.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the clubhouse!!

As stated above, age has nothing to do with it......well, except that it'll make you feel a little younger! Best of luck in your upcoming project.

Jun 19, 2015
Riverside, Ca
Thanks Greg, Tom an Xseler ,
Your kind words and your welcome are very much appreciated. I do wish there was some where I could go and really do a few walk a rounds of some bicycles I am a visual learner.

Mike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Mike,
I'm a visual person too but pictures are worth a lot and there are many many photos here to help explain almost every facet of motorized bicycles. Is there anything specific that you'd like to see? We can provide photos and our 'Custom Search' feature can also offer you plenty to examine. Type in a key word/s, example: 'chain tensioner', and you'll be rewarded with plenty of threads and posts, most with photos of the subjet.

Just let us know if there is a particular area you'd like to examine and we'll try and help.

Tom

Jun 19, 2015
Riverside, Ca
Thank you guy`s
Since I am new to this hobby I have a lot to learn. I want to build my bike right the first time so I have a lot of reading to do. I will be starting a build page soon and I am sure I will need advice on how to do want I want to do. I don`t want to sound like a total wreck.