Monark II springer fender

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
assuming you are okay with it looking like something from the New California Republic you could cut one out of sheet metal

the two tabs at the top would be folded up then wrapped around the forks and held in place with bolts through the holes like hose clamps.
the bottom two taps would be folded down and a bar passed through the holes to secure it to the axle like any other fender.

might be either weak or heavy depending on the gauge of metal used.

[edit]
just thought, you could cut the shape out of some card paper, form it around the bike, then baste it with fibreglass and resin. in theory would be stronger and lighter than metal used this way, also could be sanded and shaped then painted for a better appearance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
intriguing I would have never thought of using card Stock,but I've also never worked with fiberglass or resin

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
I did once... to make a costume of an Cadian trooper.

Stuff was messy to work with but surprisingly simple to use and forgiving. and stronger than I would've expected. I had a test piece of normal box cardboard about one and a half inches by two with three layers on each side shrug off an overhead blow with a baseball bat while unsupported in the middle.

You have to be patient with it because it needs to set and be sanded between layers for it to be strong, also paradoxically the less resin you use the stronger it is so you have to use a plastic card to squeeze and flatten each layer.
the hardest part for me was getting a piece of cardboard into a bowled shape before the resin touched it, I used lots of carpenters glue and muffler tape.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Now on my monarch fork the sprung fork has higher clearance than the solid one, I wonder why thats different from yours :s