my motorized bike chain and mini sprocket are LOCKED IN PLACE

GoldenMotor.com

kbazzy

Aug 1, 2014
Dearborn
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I was about done with my bike and I installed my chain ender I got done I tried to move it but it is locked and it won't come out. Yes yes I tried the clutch and it works because I am able to move the thing inside the motor or the clutch inside the motor. And I also removed my spark plug. The chain has to be stuck because I tried so hard to get it out. Back or front nothing will budge. I can get the cap of with the mini sprocket off the one with three hex screw they are locked so tight I might strip the screw's if I try any more.:-||

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
Sounds like u need to get that cover off. U may have to drill the heads off the screw enough to slip the cover off and then grab what's left of the screws with vise grips.

But first... U made a repair. Why was the repair performed and was it ok before u did the work?

kbazzy

Aug 1, 2014
Dearborn
I never made a repair when I was putting on the chain and put everything together and try to get it going it started to work for the first two feet and then I left it for about 2 minutes and came back and it never worked after that it's been locked since

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
since this is a cruiser, I'm thinking you might have a coaster brake? Is it possible that when you installed the chain the rear wheel got locked by the brake arm? I've forgot to put that strap on before, and it will lock you up.
where in dearborn are you? I've only seen 2 people on MB around here and it's been a while since I saw either. You'll see me cruising around ford/telegraph, and down outer drive often.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your chain is too loose. 1/2" to 3/4" of slack. More that that and the chain will bind at the front of the engine drive sprocket (what you call "mini sprocket).

You also need to assure the drive and driven (rear wheel) sprockets are aligned. Misaligned sprockets can cause the chain to derail/bind at the drive or the driven sprocket.

Tom