my new build shopping list!

GoldenMotor.com

mr42ndstblvd

Nov 10, 2013
oklahoma
alot of people will make them out of natural gas piping for a stove or dryer you cut the stock flange off your muffler then weld a piece of round tubing to it about 2 or 3 inches long then weld or braze the piping to that flang then you cut off the curved part of the stock muffler and weld in straight tubing and weld and or braze the other end of your flex pipe to the straight on the muffler so basically you still have a stock muffler it just looks better and its a better option for people with limited room for exhuast pipe

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
That flexible exhaust is junk in my opinion, to restrictive and will kill performance and top speed potential, for less money the sick bike parts expansion pipe is a much much better option..... these engines will only get there best performance with a free flowing exhaust and the expansion pipe exhaust will give your bike a much better sound also.

Lots of gimics on ebay buyer beware.....

Best wishes with your build lots of reading on here and asking questions and you'll find out from the experienced what works and what doesnt, you will get some differing opinions on a few things but some things are just facts plain and simple and most all of us are more than willing to try to point someone in the right direction so they dont waiste their money on some of the stuff that is just fluff.

Map
.wee.

Last edited:

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
That flexible exhaust is junk in my opinion, to restrictive and will kill performance and top speed potential, for less money the sick bike parts expansion pipe is a much much better option..... these engines will only get there best performance with a free flowing exhaust and the expansion pipe exhaust will give your bike a much better sound also.

Lots of gimics on ebay buyer beware.....

.wee.
I agree, the SBP expansion pipe is a far better option than the flex pipe for about the same price.

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
My only tip is that if you are going to lengthen your exhaust system with mix and match parts, research expansion chamber tuning information. There is a special relationship between the length of the exhaust pipe and expansion chamber. Also the angle of the expansion and the angle that closes at the outlet have a lot to do with the way sound waves help cycle the motor as efficiently as possible...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
My only tip is that if you are going to lengthen your exhaust system with mix and match parts, research expansion chamber tuning information. There is a special relationship between the length of the exhaust pipe and expansion chamber. Also the angle of the expansion and the angle that closes at the outlet have a lot to do with the way sound waves help cycle the motor as efficiently as possible...
Good advise and all true, but if someone doesnt have the tools or the know how to build a custom expansion chamber exhaust its not gonna be very helpful, a wide open exhaust is better than a nice looling custom exhaust that is restrictive in my personal experience, the sbp expansion exhaust isn't perfect but offers a noticeable performance increase over any of the stock type set ups and is a very simple exhaust to install on most bikes, I dont use the silicone tubing myself and se. Copper fittings in their place which is a bit restrictive but still works greaton a mild engine build and performs great from low end to 30+mph ever with my 200+lb self and a 36T rear sprocket on a 26" wheel.

There are lots of options but for a novice who doesnt have a boat load of tools and access to a torch and mig or tig welder the sbp exhaust is an excellent choise.

Map
.wee.

mr42ndstblvd

Nov 10, 2013
oklahoma
i might by the flex exhaust just to try it out and see if there are notable performance decreases im pretty sure that im not going to see any notable power loses but i will build it with the stock pipe first then move onto the flex if i have spare money and post my results. what im really hoping to accomplish is to get rid of the weak and cheap parts on the bike ie the gas tank and its leaking stud problems and the idler wheel and chain tensioner not staying in place and keeping proper tension or god forbid slamming into the spokes or the crappy fuel line that comes with the kit that cracks and leaks over time or the stock carb with its cheap float that cracks every two weeks >_> or basically i want to take the china out of my bike :) LOL even though i will still be riding a chinese motor

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If you want stock type performance just stick with the stock pipe, no reason to spend an extra $90 for no more or less performance, build it how you want, its your bike, just speaking for experience when I give advice on these things but if you hqve the money to waiste and or spend then go ahead with the flex pipe exhaust, all it will do is be mounting a stock type muffler in a different location and because of the pipe length make acually add to the overall restriction, but if you just want a putt around bike for quieter low speed riding either of those pipes will do stock or the flex exhaust.

Best wishes on your build.

Map

Going2Hell

Nov 22, 2013
Victor, Colorado
www.facebook.com
For the fuel line, all i did was go to a shop and ask for 8 inches of 1/4 inch line. It's so small you'll probably get it free. with my build I followed the same procedure, replace the crap and reliability comes with. that's what makes a good motorbike. the throttle, i added a spring to the carb to increase throttle return. I didnt have probs with my tank. the tensioner, that's a piece of work aint it? i bought aftermarket bolts and torqued to 100 ft/lbs. not nice to the frame but my tensioner hasn't moved...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
A simple and affective way to keep the stock type idler tensioner from possibly rotating into spokes is to do as myself and several other have done is once ther tensioner bracket is installed on the frame in the desired location just drill a small hole though tensioner bracket where it saddles the frame and the install a small self tapping sheet metal screw with some blue thread locker on it, it will cut good threads through bracket and frame in that area and the hole is so small and the fact that the bracket itself clamps tightly around the frame on both sides of the small hole makes it actually just as strong as if there were no hole there at all, it doesn't compromise the strength of the frame and will insure that the idler bracket stay put and can not rotate into the wheel spokes.... very simple mod and it just simply works great if you plan to run the stock type tensioner/idler set up, just make sure the hole you drill is correct for the screw thats used And its A solid solution and will not come out, got one bike that is set this way since 2009 and it has never been touched since I put it together this way, over 2000 miles of abuse and I have only replace the roller with the one I make from skateboard wheels which are way better than the one that come in kit.

Map
.wee.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
My advice is save on 'accessories', and invest in a better motor, one with a balanced 40 mm stroke.
Then a decent pipe.
This is were you will get the power to blow off a cheap kit.

mr42ndstblvd

Nov 10, 2013
oklahoma
already ordered my china kit from rose and i ordered turbobuicks aftermarket tensioner setup im not even messing with the stock one its junk even if you do fix it im going to order the whizzer reproduction tank and hopefully buy a bike next payday then when i get my tax money all order the manic mechanic rear hub adapter pretty much im not going to build the bike till i have all the parts i want the tank the spring tensioner and the manic mechanic are the main parts im focused on getting the rag joint style hub adapters work ok but there a cheap solution from china im going for the manic mechanic it seems better in every way