Anyone recognize the model of this villiers

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
No help from me on identifying your engine, but your bench looks extremely familiar!
Hard to even see the engine....
Makes me wonder what I might have laying around undiscovered for years!

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Thanks! that will get me started, I need to locate a carb and exhaust. The motor should be a screamer by the sound of that lawnmower. Oh.. and yes my little old shop needs a good cleaning..........someday.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice engine :D It's the engine Villiers made for ATCO lawnmowers. About 98cc if I remember correctly. I own one too and I wish I had more just like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKrJJulXw_M
Yep, That's the Villiars midget. I have one on my 1934 Elgin and just recently scored a complete Atco mower in running condition with that same engine. Fasteddy will pick it up in British Columbia for me this spring and bring it down to Minnesota this summer for motor bicycle summer camp for boys who never grew up. The plan is to use the engine and dog clutch assembly intact on a trike conversion of a 1963 Schwinn American Deluxe bike which will also have a hub 36V electric pancake motor up front. The Villiars will start with the kick starter on the mower. The engine will give the trike a nice retro look, I think.
SB

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Sorry I am no help there, but you have a 1973-1977 Harley-Davidson Sportster front hub supporting it.
Have you tried smokstak dot com for the carb or anyone familiar with Villiars?

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Any ideas where one could find a carb and exhaust for this little baby.
E.bay Uk is the best place to hunt for a carb. Some British Seagull outboards used the same Villiers carb so that can be a useful direction to hunt in as well. The exhaust systems are very basic and wouldn't be at all difficult to fabricate. Buying the genuine article NOS would be expensive and old second hand ones are usually clogged up with oily carbon residue and aren't worth buying.

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
Sorry I am no help there, but you have a 1973-1977 Harley-Davidson Sportster front hub supporting it.
Have you tried smokstak dot com for the carb or anyone familiar with Villiars?
Yes... a 74 I have the engine and other pieces around here somewhere. thanks

feelyx

Jun 30, 2012
sac. ca 95821
E.bay Uk is the best place to hunt for a carb. Some British Seagull outboards used the same Villiers carb so that can be a useful direction to hunt in as well. The exhaust systems are very basic and wouldn't be at all difficult to fabricate. Buying the genuine article NOS would be expensive and old second hand ones are usually clogged up with oily carbon residue and aren't worth buying.
I will search there, thanks