Bicycle for 99cc Predator?

GoldenMotor.com

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
Simple question: What are some recommended specific bicycles that this engine will fit in and work well with?

Thanks

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
beaver rat

you do know that this motor with clutch will be a little over a foot wide.
there are NO install kits made for it either means you have to make your own throttle linkage and cable. plus motormount. Unless you use a CVT setup you will need a jackshaft and also a way to mount the rear sprocket to your hub. You spend more on the parts then you will spend on the motor

these are the only guys that make parts for the 99/79cc motors
https://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MTRBK79

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
or u can do a FD like WayneZ and CB2...
...seems to me that the newest, purpose built MTB frames all have a smaller front triangle with a more acute angle down at the BB which would require a very high engine mount if you could get a predator in there at all... without serious frame mods.
Good luck
rc

I'd really like to see an add on motor, low-slung and mounted forward of the BB.
Like a Ducati Cucciolo. :)
...would be great for a MTB !

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
beaver rat

you do know that this motor with clutch will be a little over a foot wide.
there are NO install kits made for it either means you have to make your own throttle linkage and cable. plus motormount. Unless you use a CVT setup you will need a jackshaft and also a way to mount the rear sprocket to your hub. You spend more on the parts then you will spend on the motor

these are the only guys that make parts for the 99/79cc motors
https://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MTRBK79
Yes, I do fully understand all of those aspects. Im fact, I have already made a cable throttle adapter system for the engine which works perfectly. All I'm doing now is looking for a good bike to put this system on. I know that many of the cruiser bikes will fit this engine, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any large triangle mountain bikes that would fit it.

Thanks

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, I do fully understand all of those aspects. Im fact, I have already made a cable throttle adapter system for the engine which works perfectly. All I'm doing now is looking for a good bike to put this system on. I know that many of the cruiser bikes will fit this engine, I was just wondering if anyone knew of any large triangle mountain bikes that would fit it.

Thanks
An old Trek like this one should work just fine......

Here's a link to the Trek build:http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-build-hf-79cc-trek-24247.html

dnut

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
not all treks have the same frame size they are not like a one size fits all walmart bike

I have a 26 diamondback and its all I could do just to get a chinagirl shoehorned into the frame

this is a 16 inch frame
a bigger frame will give you more room
take a tapermeasure and go to the LBS and see what the motor will fit