spark plug ticking

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
hi all my newphews bike was ticking 80cc kit from zoom , so i poped off the end of the plug and sure enough the metal inside the plastic head that goes on the sparkplug in there theres a little brass fitting that came out , i tried to screw it in again with a flat screw driver but it was stripped , so i unscrewed it and bought a new one (ngk) cut the wire 1" shorter so it had a clean end on it and screwed on the ew plastic head.

it fits on verry tight to the plug , but at low speed he gets a bad ticking sound , i took the head off the wire again and the screw end of the head is scrweed in to the middle properlly as you can see it's right into the wire , anything else i can check to see whats making the ticking sound , i'm going to gap his plug later today and look at it today but not sure what else it could be.

also the other end of the wire that goes to the cdi how does the wire come off of that end ? some say it unscrews just like the other end that goes to the plug but i tried and it didint seem to want to budge.

this is the kit from zoom bicycles 80cc slant head

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
The plug wire just unscrews from the CDI. Sometimes there's a bit of glue on them but with a little careful effort they all come out.