PZ 19 Carburetor Throttle cable?

GoldenMotor.com

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
Whats really going on? I cant find a 60 inch cable for my new PZ -19 Carburetor anywhere? My throttle is just a cheapy kind from amazon that has the plastic lead barrel holder. Anyways, I was wondering where on earth can I get a long cable that dont need cut that has the little lead end that fits inside the PZ-19? Am I looking for something I will never find? Are you guys soldiering them yourselves at the throttle end after trimming? thanks

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
You can try a mini bike cable. But I would just make my own. It is way easier than you think. There is a tube video on how to do it.auflg

thingswithwelding

Mar 22, 2016
Long Beach CA
You can try a mini bike cable. But I would just make my own. It is way easier than you think. There is a tube video on how to do it.auflg
Thanks MotoMagz. I did see a 60 inch basic one on ebay. I want blue but cant seem to find one. I guess Im going to do that. I did see a video on youtube. He drilled the barrel out on the original connection, inserted the cable, then soldered it. he said 50/50 solder NO electrical or rosencore solder. I guess 50/50 (tin and solder i think) or there is 60 /40 which works well to. I guess one of them melts easier but is weaker than the other. I was just scared that the lead barrel would melt on me making problems. I researched it and lead melts at higher temps. just make sure to stay away from that temperature and everything is fine. I wonder if they sell new barrels online? I want my new hole centered instead of drilling the old one as the the wire might make my bit wander. Oh well, I'll get it. lol. Thanks again.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I simply took a brake cable and wound a a piece of wire around the bottom of cable. If you make that end of wire small you just hit it with alittle solder and bam... Then just Drexel down to fit it doesn't have to be perfect. Also it's very strong! You can do it!!