MrLarkins Upgrades

GoldenMotor.com

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
oh, there a chain tensioner? wheres that at? is that the vertical all-thread bolt directly under the motor? and what about the jump stop guard...can you give me some insight to its position and purpose (obviously to stop the chain from jumping, but this beast has 3 chains!)

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Yes the chain tensioner is the all thread piece. Your chain is not stretching, your engine is settling which is discussed in manual. I also noticed your lower rear clamp is loose. Looking at your photos I would suggest a half link but doing as Pablo suggested loosening the mounts and retensioning the chain would be your first option. I set mine up "super" tight and it will loosen as the engine settles.

The jump stop alignment and adjusting is also covered in the manual. Looking at the photos it appears that your is too high. Lower it a bit and then adjust it so it is almost touching the chain.

Also noticed that the header assembly is not correct. It will work as is but doing it per the instructions may help with alignment and clearance. The straight tube is supposed to go between the manifold and the 45 degree fitting and then the 45 degree fitting goes into the j pipe.

Last edited:

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
thanks ghost, as per the header, i tried many different configurations and the best i could get is the current setup with a note that i had to shorter that straight pipe your referring to. the muffler was just always in the way of something.

will adjust and tighten and reride (its tough to start this thing!)

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Like I said the set up you have will work fine.

Make sure you get those clamps tight after you adjust the chain tension.

Last edited:

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
$400.

I live in central arkansas. Let me know if you want to see it, or want me to post specific pics of it.
Its just sittin in my garage collecting dust.