New dog in town

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well heres my other dog that I have been holding out for the jack shaft kit but I dont think I can wait that long. THis is just a plain old Moon Dog that had all the decals removed, a springer front end troxel seat schwinn freewheel crank installed and .....well you figure it out. Like I said was going to hold out for the jackshaft cause I didnt want to remount the motor later but dont think I can wait. Got a car show in town on the first week of May that I have been trying to get to for years. Was going to take my convertible truck but think Ill finsih this bike and take it along with my others.
Terry
ps Ive got one more twist up my sleeve for this one....no wait thats trick isnt it? :confused:

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's a real nice bike! a very clean cruiser, just the way I like 'em!
I really like that tank idea!!
You could mount two tanks like that and mold them together into a "fatbob" tank!(^)
(I'll give you that idea for free!):D (c)

Last edited:

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
That's a real nice bike! a very clean cruiser, just the way I like 'em!
I really like that tank idea!!
You could mount two tanks like that and mold them together into a "fatbob" tank!(^)
(I'll give you that idea for free!):D (c)
Nope you dont have too...I already thought of it just waiting for my other tank to get here from some tradin me and BikeGuy Joe did. Its amazing what you can do with JB weld and glazing putty. Oh well just gave it a quick paint job to see how the body work did. Going to strip it all back off later when I build the second tank then repaint it. I took step by step shots of making the tank that I'll post later when I finish the project.
Terry

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hmmmmm. It seems that great minds do think alike!... :D

I've actually been looking around for a small gas tank from a Honda Rebel or something like that to put on the Bomber Bike! (^)

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes the second take will make it look totally different I'm sure. I am sure it will look better than just perched on top. that has always been my problem with the straight top rod. It never looked quite like it belonged. Now the engine does but the tank always looks like an after thought to me. Of course not so much on my bike rofl.... just kidding mine is just as bad.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Heres a little more on the dual tank mod Ive been doing. Planning on changing the tires over to black walls and some ape hanger handle bars.
Still have to finish sand and put the crossover tubes in. Going to try and cover the center between the tanks if I can find some black leather that matches the seat.
Terry

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Heres a little more on the dual tank mod Ive been doing. Planning on changing the tires over to black walls and some ape hanger handle bars.
Still have to finish sand and put the crossover tubes in. Going to try and cover the center between the tanks if I can find some black leather that matches the seat.
Terry
It looks real good! The frame rails below it flow right along with it...
You might be able to fit one of those old skool square Schwinn speedometers in the center of that! & maybe even a key switch! (that would be bad ass!) (^) (^)

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
ok it late ...just got back from seeing IRON MAN...(^) just finished putting the tank back together so I can get to the car show if it doesnt get rained out.

Going to look into the other suggestions when I get my speedo in and see if it will fit.

NIGHT

Attachments