It's Mickey Mouse Time !!!

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I wasn't able to find suitable turn signal light bar. I improvised like a good redneck does. I bought a 5/8" copper pipe and solder caps for it. Turned the nut flanges to fit in the caps and screwed the signals in. Went to the local sheet metal shop and they gave me a nice piece of 16 ga. SS which I whacked a mount out of. Got some 3/16" SS rod and made U-bolts. I don't EVER plan on working that hard again. The mount is bolted under the handlebar clamp bolt.
It may be a bit mickeymouse, but that is what China Girls mainly are anyway.
I finally figured out the turn/headlamp/horn wiring. I actually kinda like it now. The light switch is bi-stable and is the blue wires. The horn is the white wires, and the left turn is R-Y and the right is R-G. As for the blinker relay, I have another control coming for $1.78 with free shipping that I don't want on the handlebar, so will put it with the battery in a saddlebag, setting one direction of it in line with the red wires, Beats screwing around with a TI NE-556 dual timing chip trying to find the right resistance and capacitance values. Just got through unsnarling the drive chain in the engine sprocket. The darned chain derailed while backing it up and fouled. Sure hate that idler. Another thing on the agenda is to put a foot on the kickstand so the bike won't fall over in the grass.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Cheers to Mickeymouse engineering then, darn good idea and looks clean Trackfodder.
I backed mine up the other day and I heard a small... tink... and my masterlink was laying on the floor. No more master link for me ever.

Riverdales27

Mar 20, 2015
USA
Where did you buy the signal lights at? I want to add those type of turn signals on the rear. I have an all in one break/turn signal light for motorcycle that I use, but the turn signal isn't visible enough since its two leds compared to the break light.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I found them on Ebay. I think you would like them. They are quite bright and the tip is visible from rider seat so you know to cancel. I origonally bought them for my son's Yamaha R-5

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I found them on Ebay. I think you would like them. They are quite bright and the tip is visible from rider seat so you know to cancel. I origonally bought them for my son's Yamaha R-5
2x 15 LED Motorcycle Motorbike Turn...
2x 15 LED Motorcycle Motorbike Turn... (THESE)
$6.89
Free Shipping
Banggood Banggood
14 Led Motorcycle Motorbike Turn...
14 Led Motorcycle Motorbike Turn...
$8.57
Free Shipping
Banggood Banggood
2X 14 Led Motorcycle Motorbike Turn...
2X 14 Led Motorcycle Motorbike Turn...
$17.00
Free Shipping