New bike! Old build!

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Due to the upcoming midwest meet in June I decided to revamp the bike. Girlfriend bought me a wally world bike as a present and I decided to swap over everything from the previous build and add a couple of things along the way as well.

Here is some pictures of the mostly completed build. The carb needs tuned a little bit, but other than that she runs and rides!

~14:1 compression
Snake pipe
16mm carb w/ reeds
Fully ported top and bottom with lightened piston
NGK BPR8HIX
40T Sprocket

Pipe needs redone! Going to make another header for it to fit the bike properly.

New carb set up with an outerwear over the velocity stack for road riding.

What everything was on previously

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looking good, Jordan. You'd better think about long pants instead of shorts. You're gonna burn your leg:)

Hope I can make it this year. Things are a little 'iffy' right now.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Looking good, Jordan. You'd better think about long pants instead of shorts. You're gonna burn your leg:)

Hope I can make it this year. Things are a little 'iffy' right now.

Tom
I've changed up the pipe location it sits up higher to clear the clutch cover better and sit in towards the frame more. I don't have to sit all weird anymore ha! You better be there! We should have more than last year! You need to be a good moderator and attend these events, but if you can't I guess we will have to just live!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Redid the exhaust piping to tuck in the pipe more and get the expansion chamber closer to the bike.

Broke the casting on the exhaust side in the process. Luckily I had a spare and I ported the spare out.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
First 14:1 compression start with new rings, spark plug, new jug, new exhaust set up. Didn't get to take it out due to the rain! It was flooding previously and the old spark plug kicked the bucket. I thought it would due to the random miss once I swapped to a colder plug.
https://youtu.be/BQbPTgP0uq8

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I think your welding is as good or better than the regular guy could do. As long as it doesn't leak. If cosmetics are your concern, wrap it with header wrap from auto parts store. As long as you are not in a hurry check this.

http://www.amazon.com/Raypley-Resis...&refRID=V7SG8TRNMGBBVJ7493KN&ref_=pd_ybh_a_27

This is off the slow boat from china. I waited 3 weeks to a month before this arrived. I bet you could find it local.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Put on a plastic rear fender. Should help for whenever I encounter a puddle! I don't ride in the wetness often, but I have realized whenever I do a test and tune that it is always wet out.

That velocity stack though.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
where does one get a velocity stack like that?
I got lucky. I just happened to talk to a guy and mention it in conversation and he said he had one that might work! Sure enough! I am actually going to take off the carb combo, just because it's a pain in the arse to get it all dialed in. Might just go back to plain and simple NT carb!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Oh man NT carb is the way to go. Problem I am having with the bigger carb is that I just can't seem to get it dialed in. I don't have the right jet bits to do so and the carb doesn't have anything on the pipe to keep it from vibrating out of the rubber hose that holds the two together with higher speed vibrations. The NT carb pulls as good as ever and I may as well just stick with it!

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Nice bike I used the same frame. How fast is it with the 40 tooth? I get 35 mph with a 44 tooth sprocket and simular modifications.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Tops out at about 46 or 47 haven't had an opportunity record it yet. With a 36t it went 50 on flat, but this has more compression than when I ran the 36t. Should be able to record a top speed in the next few days. Running the stock carb too. The one in the pictures ended up not working out for me for the time being.

Last edited:

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Ya I use the speed nt carb, jezz I didn't know sprocket size made that huge of a difference. I'll have to order a 40 tooth sprocket. Does it still pull good? Also how is it one trails? I trail ride a lot. You should take a video I would love to see it run. What brand and size are your tires?