Thoughts on this brake light?

GoldenMotor.com

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
First-time poster here. I've been prowling the boards for a week or so, & it looks like a great forum. I'm looking forward to digging deeper.

I'm prepping a cruiser to motorize for legal riding on Michigan streets, & I'd like to have a brake light system. I've been tinkering with my own system while secretly hoping to just find one for sale. This one popped up
(LINK), & so I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with it.
One of the pics shows a closeup of something that ....I can't tell, but it looks like it hooks up to a brake pull. Anybody know anything about it?
If it is, I plan to buy one. If not....back to the lab.

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
First-time poster here. I've been prowling the boards for a week or so, & it looks like a great forum. I'm looking forward to digging deeper.

I'm prepping a cruiser to motorize for legal riding on Michigan streets, & I'd like to have a brake light system. I've been tinkering with my own system while secretly hoping to just find one for sale. This one popped up
(LINK), & so I was wondering if anybody here had any experience with it.
One of the pics shows a closeup of something that ....I can't tell, but it looks like it hooks up to a brake pull. Anybody know anything about it?
If it is, I plan to buy one. If not....back to the lab.
May not hold up to vibration over time.
The design is similar to several "horn/brake" units I have seen in just a few months of looking..

Mine didn't on the horn but still did have the "brake light" when I gave it away.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up ordering a similar one from boygofast on ebay (the same place I got my motor...they seem to have a good reputation). I needed something quick so I can get my bike ready for legalization.

Ernst, I've been reading the thread on your experiments with the brakelight. Awesome setup with the contact point being on the brake controller. I'm thinking about trying my own with a double-pull brake controller, using the second cable to open/close a rigged contact point. Your idea is making me have second thoughts. Nice work.

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
I like old mopeds for stuff like that
you can find old mopeds? They're rare & expensive around here.

The trunk idea is pretty cool. I'd love to have some mini hard-case saddle bags like the ones shown in the amazon ad. For now, I'll put it on the future projects ballot.

What sort of brake light control system are you going with kevinkrg6?