Can anyone help with dimensions?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Does anyone here have one of these light kits sold by BoyGoFast?
Motorized BIKE GAS ENGINE bicycle chrome head light | eBay

I need to know the physical dimensions of the headlight.
What the diameter and length of the housing is.
Also, it appears that the housing and bezel is metal and not cheap plastic.
Could you tell me this as well? Cheap plastic would melt in this application.
I intend on modifying it with a high powered LED light that already has a sizable reflector/ heat sink and would like to know if it will fit before buying one from BGF.

Thank you in advance for your help!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
My plan is to make a small rectifier/ regulator for the white wire and use a small SLA battery for assistance in smoothing out the current to the LED's.
The first step is finding a good sized headlight housing for the super bright LED assembly I currently have. I do not want to pay the high prices for the super bright LED bicycle lights that are currently on the market. I want to make up my own system on a budget and if it works well, share the plans on this site.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
101 views and nobody here has one of these lights?
Wow!

How about one of the lights that Pirate sells?
Lights

I cannot afford to just buy a light and hope that the LED unit will fit inside it.
Someone, anyone...... If you have one of these lights, I need to know the length of it and how big around it is at the lens......please!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you VERY much cannonball2!
That light will in fact lend itself perfectly to my conversion plan.
When I get all the parts I will try it out and if it is successful I will do a thread on it.

Hopefully it will be a very bright LED headlight, bright LED taillight with brake lamp function, and all recharge off of the white wire. I am trying to keep it all under $100 which is about the price of a high end headlight alone.