Ready to ride

GoldenMotor.com

jimhebert

Dec 31, 2010
louisiana
Hi

Jim's the name. Nice to be a member of the forum. Although I've never had a motorbike, I have set my likings to an in-frame kit versus front or rear engine installations. Being new to the forum, excuse me for having posted my first post on the wrong forum (E-bike page). I'm re-posting my post on the Motorized Bicycle General Discussion forum where I think it should be. Please feel free to correct me if I say something that may not be accurate. Happy Trails.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, Jim. No problem with the mis-post. We'll move things for you.
I responded to your thread regarding front/rear/in-frame mounting techniques as I'm sure others will do. As they say: "Opinions are like"...well, you know the rest.

You've come to the right place for opinions, help and advice so when you begin your first motorized bicycle project don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help you enjoy the hobby with the least problems.
Tom

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum Jim.... Any plans for what type of build You are planning? Laissez les bons temps rouler.
Cheers

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
welcome, first advice for you is get a good bike to mount it on, bikes were never made for these things so the sturdier the better.

i was recommended by goat herder here to use a bike from worksmancycles.com , got it yesterday and it was quite solid with possibly the best made bicycle rims ever made for our application.

scottmanesis

Dec 30, 2010
Austin, TX
The Felt looks like a pretty sturdy ride as well. I don't even have my first MB built yet but am looking hard at it for build #2. :)brnot