what is the best rear wheel and hub

GoldenMotor.com

will 3501

Jun 14, 2009
phoeinix
I have bent the **** out of my wal-mart mongoose rim . I have now put a aluminum quick release and remounted the sproket to this wheel. ive gone thru 2 back tires with about 800miles on my grubee 48cc. Where can i get a better wheel here in phoenix az? also when should i clean my mufffler and should i do any prevenetive maint. like clean carb and grease bearings thx Chill Will

Mike Hunt

Jun 9, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
im in a similar situation as the op, after a while my rear wheel is starting to bend, still rideable but not for long.

does anyone have experience with these wheels: Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - 12 Gauge Rear Wheel w/ 44T Sprocket

will i be able to install this on a regular mountain bike? i don't like the coaster brake system and i still want to use the regular 7-speed gearing? what other compatibility issues might i have?

ps: does spooky tooth ship to canada, because otherwise my inquiries are useless

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
It will not work w/ mtb. Buy a mtb disc hub wheel and buy one of the many available sprocket adapters. King's sells'em, I sell'em etc.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I'm about to post this rear hub in the swap section. It's Santa Cruz Scooter Works new rear hub. Grade 8 rear axle, oversized high speed sealed bearings and it comes with a 16 tooth rear Shimano freewheel cog. Best part it supports having a rear disc brake. It will come standard on the SCSW Full suspension bike.