48cc beach cruiser won't start problems

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Try truing the wheel first to see how that effects the sprocket. Also, check your spokes to see if one has broken. You can squeeze the spokes a bit by hand to check if they are broken on the kit sprocket side since they will be hidden by the rag joint. The other side is clear to see if a spoke has broken. Normally, a spoke will break right at the hub, not at the wheel rim.

The head gasket looks better now.

32:1 is twice as much gas to oil as 16:1

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Sergio, I forgot to mention that you really should get that sprocket and wheel lined up perfectly before trying to start the engine. A wobbling sprocket could easily throw the chain off and also throw you off the bike. If the chain comes off you can easily damage the wheel and the engine case if it binds up.

I encourage you strongly to fix the wheel issue first for your safety and the bike's.

sergio reyes

Mar 1, 2016
Rohnert park ca
That looks like a a/c or freon gauge. Below is what I'm talking about.

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...39142352&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=55136637409&veh=sem
Ok I will look for one of those and figure out b the psi.

I for got to mention to everyone that the previous owner did tell me the bike had been siting for a while about 2 years, idk If that changes anything but could anything have gotten stuck or somthing for sitting so long? I even found dust in the gas tank cuz it was that dry any had been sitting fir that long

sergio reyes

Mar 1, 2016
Rohnert park ca
I am looking to buy a new rim instead of fixing it or taking it to a shop, I don't have much time to do that but I really need to get this buy started, should I just but a magneto to narrow down the problem? im Going on a trip soon and need to fix this soon, im not sure what to replace the fix the problem quick

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Chaz has a good point, straighten the wheel and or sprocket first. Loose spokes on the right side will cause the rim to vere to the left, loose on the left will cause it to vere to the right. At the spot that rubs the chain check the spokes on the right side by feel, squeeze the by hand and compare them to other locations on the wheel. Truing a wheel is one thing that is best done before motorizing.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If,as you say it is firing you do not need a new mag. Did you do the plug/ fuel test suggested above? Its best to try one thing at a time to rule out what works and what doesn't.