Oi Mates! - Calvin W. Cline Dover, NH

GoldenMotor.com

NorthEastRiot

Jul 18, 2012
Dover NH
Oi Everyone,

My name is Calvin, I just got into motor bikes which is a very strange and new world from downhill mountain biking. So I am crossing parts and trying new things. I currently have a micargi general that I blew the rear hub out of the tire when the chain locked up and the cog seized. The motor still runs fine but the tire is ruined. I am getting a schwinn panther (2012 model) do to the many limitations the general has and the many advantages the panther has. V brakes, a 1 1/8 stems or my marzocchi drop off dual crown fork, a 9 speed for future Jackshaft kit, and lastly a drink holder. I could use some help however from anyone with experience, previously the motor would just take off after starting and the throttle was useless, another issue is the cog on the rear tire has three metal braces that help with balancing the pressure of the gear in the spokes, only 2 of mine fit leaving not enough room for the third.

If anyone is I'm the area I can be reached at 603-315-1718 and will buy a 30 rack for anyone that wants to come by and lend me a hand.

Cheers,
C. Cline

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The rag joint can be tricky, some times the holes don't align. I have had the holes is the rubber pieces drilled wrong also. I would lay the three back plates on the sprocket to see if the holes align, if they do then you can work with the rubber pieces to make it fit. One member has posted pictures of plates that were drilled wrong. Anyway welcome, no one here knows it all but all together we know a lot.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It sounds like the barrel in the carb is not closing all the way or is sticking, sorry i didnt respond to part "a" of your question. Make sure the cable doesn't have any tight bends or kinks.

NorthEastRiot

Jul 18, 2012
Dover NH
It sounds like the barrel in the carb is not closing all the way or is sticking, sorry i didnt respond to part "a" of your question. Make sure the cable doesn't have any tight bends or kinks.
That could be it, considering it won't run wile in standing posting without turning the cog, and why when it runs it just takes off with no help at all Dom the carb. So should I get a new carb?

NorthEastRiot

Jul 18, 2012
Dover NH
Incredibly helpful, my bike did not come with a filter and when I first had it sl up together the rut from the ya clogged the fuel intake on the carb, I am positive that's what's making it so the valve won't shut and it just runs an takes off. Looks like tomorrow will be taking this apart.