Who rides to work?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
School counts fosho - shoot, it's about the same day, can be the same workload, can be even worse as they expect ya do work on yer "off hours" too - then they have the gall to not even pay ya.... heck - if yer in collage yer payin' them o_O

Ride on man ;)

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Ride to work 5 mile round trip. Prescott, AZ. Mtn town at 5000+ft MSL. Presently 30 degrees with snow on ground. Left work last night after the streets froze-walked the bike home (uphill) as it was too dangerous to ride.

Edit: bike runs great. Point Beach, 66cc Grubee, at least 2k miles on build. Maintained and babied. Fingers crossed? Just installed 12v/7ah/SLA rechargable battery, and lighting setup. Let there be light.

Last edited:

TheBeak

Feb 25, 2009
Blue Hill Maine/ California
used to be riding 15 miles to work, then last night of summer before i came to college i tried riding home in the left overs of a hurricane, well i killed it, cover around the coil filled with water and one wire came loose. Gotta get a new coil and solder the wire, lesson: don't ride in hurricanes even if your in Maine, still is gonna be raining damn hard.

but best transportation ever, rode it from my apartment to work and to the market for groceries, put couple hundred miles on in 2 months, rode for 6 hours in one day, talk about sore

going back home in a week and hoping to bring her back to Syracuse to bring back to life

Sparks66

Nov 4, 2009
San Jose, Ca
My commute is only 2.5 miles each way. I live in San Jose which is far enough away from Berkeley that I don't get bothered by the ultra liberals. It's rainy and a bit cold right now but I suspect commuting on my bike will increase in the spring.

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
I built mine to ride to work to save $$, 8 miles one way. But don't do it every day; sometimes need car for errands, or bad weather. Rain not so bad (only 4in/yr), fenders were a good addition! But wind is worst! My big gut makes too big a sail! Easy ride here in Boulder City NV, but it gets windy! I'd be too chicken to ride in a city like Vegas over the hill! Heck I hate to drive a full size car there. Might make the ex and wife and kids happy though as they split up the life insurance after I take a MB ride down the I-15.[:)

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
I was riding 16 miles each way to work on a regular bike 1 time per week and driving the rest. I built my MB to ride 3 days a week, but am still working out little bugs.
I have ridden it to work maybe 7 times for the 32 mile round trip though and loved it every time!

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Dang I ride my bike to work and back, something like 30mile roundtrip 4 times a week or more; especially these last couple of months for my summer job.

I learned to have two MaBs just in case :-||

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
I ride mostly racing toys but i hop around alot so everthing blow around the same time sadly

I rebuild cbr250r/cr500 about ever 8-9weeks or 6500km and ever other rebuild i do crank and tranny barrings and seals and gaskets

i don't own a car

my sled i get about 4-5hours of wot water crossing or high speed runs or a full day of hard trail riding to crank also it gets about 1/2 a mile to the gallon of a methol nitro castor blend (more nitro bigger jets and fual pressure less hours to the crank lol

the top end seems to take the power and not ware much or break but the cranks always bend and cause crazy vibs

im building a crazy mb right now so i can save on money

i don't think i could ever trust a mb crapy chain and aliment to my job but i could for my school lol

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've been riding to work for over a year now. used to live 15 miles away, then moved 3.5 miles from the shop.

only had a few minor breakdowns, and a coupla flat tires in all that time.

i work a lot of nights, though, in fact, i just got home (2:30am.) i'm starting to rethink that expansion chamber on my street bike. the neighbors gotta be hating it...:)

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I live on a small barrier island near Corpus Christi...... I clean boats for a living and haul all my stuff w/ a trailer behind my bike....Nothing is over 3 miles away so i'm good.....

It's fun tinkering w/ the bike and trying to improve it.....bt.

Bronze

Aug 12, 2012
New Brunswick
It has only been a couple weks so far, but I ride around 0-32 km round trip for work 5 days a week. I baby it for the most part and mak sure everything is still tight after every ride. I carry most the tools with me just in case. I think I have to tighten the engine to the frame a little bit again before I ride home today.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I ride to work as much as I can, it's a 15 km (9 mi) round trip, with a bridge crossing, and the last couple of blocks are an uphill trip to the house at the end. The motor takes the pain out of the hill climbs nicely.