WTB- Super Rat Coil-Need one

GoldenMotor.com

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
Any one know where I can get a coil for the super rat? Gasbike, and therefore their sister companies, are out of stock. Who knows when they will ever get any in. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
Update-Sent Don Grubee a note about not having any CDI's in the US and he forwarded my email to Gasbike. Got an email from Josh at Gasbike and he found a new one on the shelf for me. Josh was a real nice guy to deal with and very helpful. Problem solved.
Don actually sent me an email and volunteered to bring one back with him when he came back to the states in Novemmber. I'd say that was pretty good customer service. Just thought I would pass along my experience. Don G. and Gasbike get an ADA Boy from me.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
you're darn lucky. My last experience with gasbike was terrible, and I will never buy from them again. I'm all about ebay these days, and a few other parts suppliers as well, but gasbike screwed me out of $40 plus shipping. There is a reason they are one of the few vendors besides the ebay guys who aren't a member here. Screw 'em.

fonzie

Nov 13, 2011
Dillsburg, pa
Bigbutterbean
I completely understand!!! I got an engine kit from another vendor and the experience was great untill I had a problem, then it was like they had no time for me. I also have a "big mount" BGF motor and it is the strongest 66 cc motor I've had to date with no hassles or problems. I think its the same with most of these vendors.....if you have an inside guy like I did at Gasbike (after sending an email to Don Grubee,) rather than these guys that just are order takers, you can get a little better customer service.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Maybe I should have thought about that. I too have a wide mount bgf 66cc engine and of the 4 engines I have had, it is the strongest and longest running motor. My experience with gasbike happened about a year ago, and I'm still a little raw about it. I'm not the first or the last person gasbike has screwed, either.