Found this on craigslist..

GoldenMotor.com

dan428

Jul 9, 2012
USA
What do you guys think about this bike?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/bik/3120498110.html

Would an engine kit be easily mountable on the frame given the fact that it isn't quite V-shaped? I'm in the process of building my first motor bike.. I picked up a Kent La Jolla at walmart, but I'm going to return it after reading here that it is difficult to install due to the frame on it.

So.. I'll probably end up just getting a cranbrook because it's cheap, but this bike on craigslist would be awesome if I could pull it off.

Last edited:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
for 75 i think i would try,looks like a challange,prob need custom mounts for motor,if your new to building id stash it for later and get some easier builds under my belt first. peace and good luck.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
for 75 i think i would try,looks like a challange,prob need custom mounts for motor,if your new to building id stash it for later and get some easier builds under my belt first. peace and good luck.
This is good advice. It would make a great motorized bike but the project would require some experience and fabrication skills. Buy it, stick it away and build a simpler bike until you get a feel for what it takes to install and maintain an engine.

Check out the 'chopper, stretch cruiser' section to see what others have done with similiar frames.
Good luck, ride safe.

Tom

dan428

Jul 9, 2012
USA
Thanks guys.. I figured it would be a bit too involved for my first build. Good point about picking it up and holding onto it for now.. not sure whether I'll do that or not. It does look like a perfect bike for a motor though. The price is almost too good to be true..

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
there used to be a seller on ebay that sold custom occ mounts for ht engines, i cant remember who it was, but perhaps one of those type of mounts would work if you can find it. you will also need an extended muffler or poo-poo pipe. i am not sure what else you would need though.