One piece crankshaft ,better than three piece?

GoldenMotor.com

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
A friend an I just built two motors ,ported ,trimmed ,installed better bearings,jag ign. an mine a grubbe his a raw his has a one piece crank an mine a three piece his has a lot less vibration than mine ,I'm thinking of swapping mine out for the one from a raw .You guys ever tried this?How did it work out?Thanks Bob

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
The balance factor can vary quite a bit with these cranks, no matter which type, so u could buy the other type & swap it out only 2 find it the same or worse. Have u given any thought to balancing ur crank 2 a percentage of total reciprocating weight 2 suit the rev range u use. Balance to low 50's percentage for moderate revs, high 50's for high revs. Cheers

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Also, a lot of the vibration with these comes from the crappy chain tensioner & misalignment of it & sprocket. Maybe try upgrading ur tensioner, there's some good ones out there, & make sure of sprocket alignment b4 diving into tearing it down again. I hope u upgraded all fasteners while u were at it last time. Cheers

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
thanks for your posts ivan I was looking more for members who have tried this and what problems they have encountered