dual carb?

GoldenMotor.com

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
The NT has about 14.5mm venturi so 2 would put it at 29mm. Unless ur planning on only ever using half throttle, forget it, no matter how wildly u've ported it

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
So that should say it all 4 u. Foureasy seems to b the absolute guru when it comes to wildly modifying these things to wring the most u can get out of them, & if his wild creation didnt need 2 carbs mate,,, nuff sed. Cheers

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
That's a nice graphic, W !!

...but I think most? of the really go-fast Vtwin guys run dual carbs.
and there's plenty of pics out there of that...

Other than the mechanical challenge, I don't really see a need, or purpose for twin carbs on a chinagirl. There's just not much going on there from the gate.

Others more knowledgeable than I have declared that among the probs with a chinagirl is marginal transfer porting, and then, lack of a reed valved intake.
So there's really not much point...

I've got a yamaha thumper out in the yard that's got a dual carb on it... kind of a progressive two barrel... half is small, the secondary half larger. Really complicated design I have not yet begun to repair! lol just too many projects!

Best
rc

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
in theory, you could run dual carbs on an h.t.
if the nt carbs are 14.5 mm, you could drop down to carbs that are 10 mm.
then you could re-jet them leaner than stock.
the 2 carbs together would be 20 mm, and with the righ jetting, it could work.
2 carbs always LOOKS better than one in my opinion, and even if it were just for looks, it would LOOK way beter than a single carb.
I have even pondered the idea of making a dual carb intake and putting dual nt's on it, and then block one of the carbs off so it's just for looks.
the blocked off carb would need a cable, and a fuel line going to it, but that would be really easy to do.
Making the intake would be the tricky part.

Last edited: