Bevel Gear

GoldenMotor.com

Huckthe1

Mar 30, 2012
NY
Norm a quick question.

I had my bevel gear split on me while I was riding the other day. I have replaced the gear but can not get my engine to turn over since this happened. The motor ran after the gear broke and just can not restart since I shut it down.

My question is I notice there was a slot in the bevel gear. Is there a key on the shaft that goes into this slot?

I am thinking I did not get it lined up and it did not seat itself into the groove. Damm my old eyes. I am not home for the next week or two but this would take the worrying something worst is wrong with my motor away if this is all it is.:-||

Thanks Peter

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
My little pinion gear, driving the ring gear on the clutch had a key in it, on my 48cc HT.

Perhaps you could take it back off, pull the plug, and see if the crank and assembly attached to it spins properly while turning from the mag side???

Good luck
rc

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Norm a quick question.

I had my bevel gear split on me while I was riding the other day. I have replaced the gear but can not get my engine to turn over since this happened. The motor ran after the gear broke and just can not restart since I shut it down.

My question is I notice there was a slot in the bevel gear. Is there a key on the shaft that goes into this slot?

I am thinking I did not get it lined up and it did not seat itself into the groove. Damm my old eyes. I am not home for the next week or two but this would take the worrying something worst is wrong with my motor away if this is all it is.:-||

Thanks Peter

Without the woodruff key installed, the odds of you starting the engine are slim to none.

Huckthe1

Mar 30, 2012
NY
Thats what I thought. When I return home I will pull it and see if I can match it up. I was fearing worst so now I am not so worried.

dance1

Can't wait to get it back on the road.

Thanks for the replies!

Peter