First time build

GoldenMotor.com

SPIDERCUSTOMS

May 3, 2011
yukon, ok
I built my first motorized bike today. I painted the bike and rims. then i put ont the motor and got it running i have some pics for this forum. without the information on this forum i would have never done this. I was lost looking for the best motor and whos got the best customer service. then i jumped on here and now i had a great experience.

First, i went on craigslist and found a really nice bike for cheap and it was a perfect donor. I looked it over and noticed the back wheel was bent and i did not know how to fix it. I removed the tire and tried to bend it with no luck, then i noticed that inside the rim the spokes have little screws on the ends. I went on http://www.bikewebsite.com/bicycle-wheel-straightening.htm and learned how to fix it. then i stripped the bike down and cleaned the frame and rims with brake cleaner and painted it matte black and cherry red.

The next day i reassembled the bike and started putting my grubee sky hawk 66cc motor kit on which i ordered from gasbike.net who i had no issues with. my package arrived on time and in great shape. i used the fed ex express saver and it was cheap and arrived in two days in oklahoma from california.
the only problem i found was the intake had excess metal from thr casting process. Ive read on this site of people ending up with metal shards in thier motors. I used my drill to smooth it out and then i sprayed brake cleaner through it to clear it out.

It took me four hours to colmplete and i enjoyed it. I have almost no experience with working on bikes and small motors. but i found that i was easily able to understand how the stuff when together. i didnt use the instructions very much since they were written by a four year old apparently, but some stuff was helpful on this site. so i will be building another one right away. im addicted.

so i really want to thank all of you who have contributed to this site as well as the website its self you have been the best tool for the job.

to see my pics go to FINISHED WORK - Spider Customs