Install new high tech throttle, bike runs 1 day

GoldenMotor.com

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Installed new throttle & cable with pulley.

Bike ran fine 1 day then gas started pouring thru the air cleaner.

I re-seated the needle, clip about 1 mm down from end, and piston and tore open the carb and found no filth,anywhere, but it still leaked ags on reassembly and use

All this seems to be from something I did when i replace throttle cable and throttle grip with a new, nicer one

WHO will FedEx or UPS me a carb? My principle suppliers will NOT UPS or FedEx to me. USPS gets stolen here

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Also, what do you mean by high tech throttle? Lol.
It has a REAL pulley in it ! HAR !
I think the heavier and shorter cable transmitted a little too much force and the needle bent the lil' tab.

As soon as I can get some proper metric bolts to re-attach the carb/maniforld
to the bike my NEW carb will have arrived (WED)

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
I don't know of any carbs with pulleys in them.
Throttle cables pull the slide up, spring inside pushes the slide down when throttle is released.
The only force which acts on the float tabs is the float itself.
You should only bend the float tabs as a last resort.
Check the little needle that the float pushes up into the "seat". It shuts off the gas from entering the float bowl when it's full.
Clean that mechanism out with carb cleaner after disassembling it.
One tiny chunk will prohibit it from seating correctly.
The simple NT carb is the easiest one to adjust, the others will try your patience.
TIM

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Ah, I had a pulley throttle, they're quite nice. The only problem I had with mine is the cable jumped off the pull and got snagged, so I was stuck at full throttle. Pulled in clutch/kill switch. The good thing is it had thumb screws for the top, so I could put it in with no tools.