Anyone try this high performance CDI?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i just spent 5 minutes checking those out. it's most commonly used as a replacement for the points ignition on Minarelli mopeds. they're made in china, and you can find them for 30 to 100 bucks.

moped army forum reviews aren't very good. a bunch of people said they failed within a few miles.

from what i just read, i'll stick with the stock one...

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
We got that exact one to evaluate.....never could get it to work. $75? Wow - large mark up!!

If there was a better alternative that didn't cost bazillions, we would carry it!!

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Ok thank for the feedback..Im a sucker for performance upgrades and the CDI is one of the last things I havent changed out so Ive been curious about that for some time.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
Ok thank for the feedback..Im a sucker for performance upgrades and the CDI is one of the last things I havent changed out so Ive been curious about that for some time
dont worry im the same sucker i over spent my budget when i ordered my latest kit buying expansion chambers and high compression heads and ported bilet intakes and such while all that stuff sits waiting in a box cause i dont have enough money to put it all together the way i want to but for now im cruising stock