newbie in Ann Arbor

GoldenMotor.com

50ccwannabe

Jun 26, 2008
Hi Y'all,

Thanks so far to all who helped me pick a kit, etc.

Got the first one up and running. A cheap K-Mart Schwinn cruiser style with a Dax kit. Working out the kinks still (lock pin fell out of the clutch assembly, seams to slosh gas out of the tank, my right hand always seems to wreak of gas after each ride - do these grips just stink?, idle seems to rev up way too high about half the time on clutch dis-engagement - will try to find an air leak with carb cleaner and Duane's instructions.

I now have a second kit (gonna try one from BoyGoFast) and a brand new 21 speed comfort bike (Giant Sedona) to put it on. Trying to figure out a bike set up that will be just as easy to human power as not. "Concept versatile".

I have a million questions, but will try to find other locations to post most of them (for now, how about: good source for master links, some kind of material to line the tank seam with? - my left knee is raw, 6 volt lighting systems and horns that do not kill the engine? simple - read cheap - switches that are easy to mount? .....

More to come, Jeff

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome 50cc to the forum :)

I had a couple of tanks that leaked, all I used was a O-ring underneath the seal and that worked for me. Some are drilling holes in the cap so that it vents better...their is a thread somewhere, sorry don't have the time right now to search for it.

Must of the members are getting thier chains and links from Tractor Supply..you could also try Northern Tools. I get my stuff locally
:ride2:

50ccwannabe

Jun 26, 2008
thanks for the tips. I have seen some talk of chain sizes; that the standard is #415, that #41 is a common replacement. Do you know if they are compatible? In other words, if I get #41 stuff from Tractor Supply, will it work in my stock chain?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
thanks for the tips. I have seen some talk of chain sizes; that the standard is #415, that #41 is a common replacement. Do you know if they are compatible? In other words, if I get #41 stuff from Tractor Supply, will it work in my stock chain?
I think if you where getting a replacement link for your stock chain the 415 would be better....but I'm not positive on that

Kraash

Jul 29, 2008
hiyas.. i also am a n00bie, but unlike yourself havnt got my hands on anything yet.. im downriver area but we are in ann arbor now and than to vist wifes grandparents. would love to see your bikes in person if you have any time for it.
still trying to deside between cruiser and comfort for first bike.