First Time Building Check out my bike

GoldenMotor.com

cook1018

Sep 22, 2009
nj
.trkHey guys I decided to start a lil project. I have been struggling with addiction and have been clean for 60 days now. So i decided I needed something to do to keep me busy. I live at the jersey shore and beach cruisers are huge so I decided to buy a beach cruiser and motorbike it out. I didnt have much money so I bought a Huffy Bike. I know alot of you are probaly gonna say its a ****ty bike but I am basically changing everything on it. I just liked the color. So far I have only changed the handlebars but I only had the bike for 2 days. I wanna put a springer on the front but my only concern is being able to use the original fender that is on the bike. I really wanna use it. Also has anyone ever rode one of these with just the coaster brake. Im sure its not smart but i like the look of it better. well any advice and comments on the bike good or bad i would appreciate. also the pic still has the stickers on the bike i have since taken them off.

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I'm just using the coaster brake on mine at the moment but will be upgrading to a heavy duty 12g spoke front wheel with a S/A drum brake over the winter.

Once you put a motor on it the rear fender will last about a week before it starts to fall apart. I put some fenders off an old Schwinn I found on mine and the front mounting tab was just starting to crack when I made the swap. So if you want to keep the fenders get some heavier replacements, they can be found online for around $30-$40 a pair. I really like the look because they wrap around the tire more.

Take the rear axle apart and make sure everything's greased well and make sure the bearings aren't too tight. Mine crapped a bearing at 25 miles and then the hub cracked at 250. $43 was a very good investment for a heavy duty rear wheel from my LBS.

Ditch the plastic pedals. Mine bent right away, replaced them with Bell cruiser pedals and they've held up very nicely.

Other then those few things my Huffy Cranbrook has held up quite well.

I also plan on going with a springer front end and I think I'm going to have to make up something to go between the fork arms to attach the fender. I know it can be done because the Felt Heritage uses a springer and it has a front fender.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
For What Its Worth, I Used A Regular Caliper Front Brake On My Stretch Cruiser Springer Fork. Used The Regular Hole, All Ready There. Mount On Front Of Bearing Tube So Brake Caliper Arms Reach The Rim Correctly. Cheap Fix. Ron