Suicide Clutch

GoldenMotor.com

Rollingstones

Apr 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Has anyone seen a legit suicide clutch build?

Ive been researching a bit about it but the only thing I seem to be able to find are suicide shifter threads.

If not what other types of clutch mods have you guys seen around?

.wee.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Crazy Horse a member here has done suicide shifters on Lifan 110cc
Search Crazy Horse and Lifan

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I think anything that requires you moving your foot or hand off of the handlebars or pedals to operate isn't such a great idea.

But that's just me.
I agree... It may look cool or have some uniqueness to it but in reality it's just an accident begging to happen... that's why they quit producing bikes with foot clutches and hand operated shifters half a century ago... only place you see them now is on restorations or custom builds as show bikes mainly.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Back in the 50's, owned 2 Harleys a 1936 80ci flathead and a 1949 FLH 74ci, first year with Hydraulic front fork. Both had rocker style clutch's that stayed released or engaged with over center springs.

A few club members installed homemade suicide foot clutches that worked like a car clutch. The advantage was for speed shifting, like drag racing.

The foot clutches were on left side so a rider would lean to right when stopped. One night I stopping along side the pavement. The cuff of my jeans was over the brake pedal, and over I went. The good ole days, when we were young and dumb. lol

Ron

Last edited: