Another Huffy Cranbrook - New to Motorized Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
.flg. I built my MB on a Huffy Cranbrook frame using Kings 66cc kit and am now just about done with the break-in . I had the 2 liter tank on it at first, but
wanted a bigger tank so I used a Honda commercial motor 1.3 gal. tank
mounted on a home made rear rack. I've also added turn/brake/head and rear lights/ 6v. batt. charged by motor, Schwinn type speedo and a tachometer.
This summer I put 2500 plus miles on a eZip Trailz electric bike from Curries Tech. and after being caught in 4 rain showers, wanted some protection from wind and rain. I can't afford a pre-made windshield so I made my own from $24.00 of plexiglass and recycled metal scraps. It works great and doesn't seem to slow the bike much at all. I can hit 30mph, but the setup seems to prefer 25mph for smoothness and comfort.
The Cranbrook frame is OK and I get a lot of good comments on the looks, but if I build another one in the future I'll find a bigger bike to build on.
For now I'm enjoying the ride.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Re: Another Huffy Cranbrook - New to MB's

Yeah man, more pics please. Is that your bike in your avatar? Detail pics please.

porch lizard

Nov 7, 2011
Scarville, Iowa
Re: Another Huffy Cranbrook - New to MB's

It took me about a month to put my Cranbrook together with alot of good info from this forum. I think most of the pics are self explanatory. The one from the rear showing the rack, also shows my battery and tail light.( The
cheap turn/brake/tail light system through ebay via hong kong.) I've gone approx. 200 - 250 miles and my next tank of gas will be Amsoil powered.
I'm having a blast with this . Oh, by the way my headlight is all thats powered by the battery(charged by the infamous white wire from engine)
The system has one diode on the white wire, a switch to turn it on/off, and a second switch for hi/low beam headlight. I still need a second headlight for the Hi beam (one for low two for hi) Ten watt bulbs.

Attachments

Last edited: