Wife's bike ... Motorized!!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's the next bike I've built for Venice Motor Bikes.
This was my wifes bike.
It's a restored 1961 Schwinn Heavy Weight.
I still have to put a K&N filter, a bullet headlight & a few other finishing touches on it.
(You gotta love the leather streamers!)

This one's gonna pull $900. !!! :crash:

Last edited:

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Here's the next bike I've built for Venice Motor Bikes.
This was my wifes bike.
It's a restored 1961 Schwinn Heavy Weight.
I still have to put a K&N filter, a bullet headlight & a few other finishing touches on it.
(You gotta love the leather streamers!)

This one's gonna pull $900. !!! :crash:

You'll love the leather streamers until you get a face full of them at 30mph... then they *hurt*. I gotta say though I do love the bike.

I bought a bag a while ago - had a brown leather double hearts motif on it that could be removed . So I thought, that would look good on the bike and mounted it up on the bars. It looks fine, but I have to keep it away from my hands because I have gotten cuts and scratches on them from it in combination from the edges and the airflow.

If one of those flips up and hits an eye you could be in alot of trouble.

Jemma xx

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
You'll love the leather streamers until you get a face full of them at 30mph... then they *hurt*. I gotta say though I do love the bike.

I bought a bag a while ago - had a brown leather double hearts motif on it that could be removed . So I thought, that would look good on the bike and mounted it up on the bars. It looks fine, but I have to keep it away from my hands because I have gotten cuts and scratches on them from it in combination from the edges and the airflow.

If one of those flips up and hits an eye you could be in alot of trouble.

Jemma xx
The streamers aren't long enough to reach the eyes... just enough to reach the elbows. :D

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I've been riding this bike for 3 days now, & she's starting to run better & better as she's breaking in... but the carb keeps popping off!!!! :crash:
(I'm going to have to come up with some idea to keep it on!)

I've never had this happen before! :rolleyes:

I've named her "Sadie Mae"... :D

Last edited:

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Venice - I just looked at your line up of bikes and you have quite a nice business. Looks like you are having a lot of fun and making a little money at the same time. I love to build these things, and have built a few for friends. I have thought about making some to sell, I will look for a motor suppler and see if it would be possible. Have fun, Dave

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Egor...
If you're ever going to be out on the "WestSiiiiide"... hit me up.
There's always a few of us who ride the beach on the weekends!
You can get my # from my website.
~N