Hi from Baton Rouge, La

GoldenMotor.com

hutch1963

Sep 27, 2009
Baton Rouge , La
Hello , I'm Hutch and I just got interested in MB so I bought me a Schwinn Del Mar at Wally world
and ordered me the Phantom edition deluxe starfire 50cc motor to install on it . Fedex delivery is
Sat . So I'm sure I'll be asking plenty of questions. If anyone has used this engine or bike let me
know please. Thanks

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum hutch - the addiction becomes severe btw ;)

A quick tip - the only real issue with these kits and by far the most annoying is the "rag-joint" method of mounting the rear sprocket. I heartily recommend getting one of these Manic Mechanic sprocket adapters;

Manic Mechanic's SPROCKET ADAPTER

Excellent quality, solves many of the vibration/motor mount problems resulting from an out-of-center sprocket and is by far one of the simplest yet most rewarding upgrades. He tends to be back-ordered, but patience is rewarding lol

Attachments

Last edited:

hutch1963

Sep 27, 2009
Baton Rouge , La
Barely, I think from what I've read I probably will get one. That would be a definate if it was in stock. I'm like a kid waiting on xmas - Dear God will my motor ever come lol. Hutch

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
rofl - man, been there and will again as soon as the budget recovers ;)

Of course if ya don't wanna wait for the adapter, ya could get what I'm saving up for - Sick Bike Parts' awesome shift kit... naturally on sale just when I can't get it lol

Sick Bike Parts

Attachments

Last edited: