rear sprocket mount

GoldenMotor.com

commuter

Oct 3, 2008
The rear hub I am trying to mount the sprocket to is a high flange hub and the top of the flange is almost dead center in the bolt circle of the sprocket. i am toying with the idea of just redrilling the sprocket with 8 holes an inch higher but dont know if the extra leverage is going to be a big enough factor against the spoke strength to worry about or not. Anyone have a situation similar to this that might be able to offer some insight?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Never heard of that problem before, but if you redrill you should have no problems. Lay the sprocket over the wheel and mark new holes to coincide with the spoke spacing.

jeffhalfrack

Apr 18, 2010
geneva ny
fwiw, I'm a plumber, you can tell when you ride behind me,but i'm in the middle of a build the kit sprocket wouldn't fit over the dust cover, I used a plumbers pipe reemer, worked fine,it's a tool you could borrow or rent cheap,I think harbor freight sells cheap,also you guys need to check out the geax tattoo tires in white awsome ride JEFF W

jeffhalfrack

Apr 18, 2010
geneva ny
I don't know how to put pics up, but when I raced bicycles my road bikes had vitoria tires my mountain bikes had geax blade and my cyclocross also had 700x32 geax blades I have trusted my life with this company for many miles!! I wish someone could post a pic of the tatoo tire!! but I will warn you!! there is a big Geax.com on the tire!!! but an awsome ride thanks corgi JeffW