How to hook up kill switch on Honda gxh50

GoldenMotor.com

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
How do you hook up the throttle mount kill switch on the honda engine? I have a a green and yellow wire from the throttle kill switch and a black wire on the engine with a thing that has IIDA on it with a bolt that came with the engine (engine didn't come with on /off switch, purchased it from small engine wharehouse, the $200 one without gas tank). It has a black and yellow wire. I think I'm missing something and electrical is not my strong point so any info on how to hook it up would be greatly appreciated. there are some wires on the bottom of the engine, but i don't know what those are for.

thanks
Fred

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
hey Fred, just connect one wire to a stud on the muffler and the other to a wire from the magneto, mine is white. either wire color is fine, all you are doing is interrupting the flow of electrical power to the engine when you hit the kill switch. But first make sure your engine starts and runs before you connect the wires, when that part is done , just test the wire connections by lightly threading the two wires together and using the kill switch, when engine kills you know you have made a good connection.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Do you have the low oil switch? There should be a metal part about 1" cube with 2 wires coming out. That should plug in to the wires you have, then there will be one wire left over- run that to the kill switch and if I were you, I would run the other wire from the kill switch to the engine directly, not just the frame of the bike- does not matter which wire from the switch is hooked where.