Carburator help?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbike

Mar 1, 2009
texas
hello everyone! I just finished my engine on my bike and it was great to hear it come on. I dont know mjuch about engines but I plan to learn. My question, my engine turns off when I let the throttle spring back to orignial position, so shouldn't the engine stay on when I let the throttle go? or do i have to keep on giving it gas with the throttle to keep it on? Do I have to adjust the carburator some how? and what is the screw on the side for? thank you everyone!
.bld.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
hello everyone! I just finished my engine on my bike and it was great to hear it come on. I dont know mjuch about engines but I plan to learn. My question, my engine turns off when I let the throttle spring back to orignial position, so shouldn't the engine stay on when I let the throttle go? or do i have to keep on giving it gas with the throttle to keep it on? Do I have to adjust the carburator some how? and what is the screw on the side for? thank you everyone!
.bld.
Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

The screw on the side is for the idle adjustment, run it in to speed up the idle.