Riquimbili Dervish Model II STOLEN

GoldenMotor.com

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
2 days after I got it running. had camera on bike rack but no resolution. White guy with sideburns, white hoodie, and apparently bolt cutters. Very sad. Planning Model III should only take a year or so to save up for. Being poor sucks.

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the sympathy guys. I'm going to upload a video of the crime on youtube and a pic of the thief, but low resolution hard to make out anything. I will say Seattle Police responded to my call within 2 minutes. I was expecting nonchalance and flippancy but the responding officers were sympathetic and professional. They went a ways to changing my feelings for the better about police in general. Here's a pic of the guy who did it. [Salvation Army-ENTRANCE]20140422-224906.jpg
Cute, isn't he?
I know there is no hope of retrieving it, but that hasn't sunk in really. Still in shock. I spent so much time and money on the project, and the 2 days I got to ride it were so much fun. I will ride again. So long for now, I don't know how much I'll have to contribute to the community for the time being.
-Joe
zpt

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Post a pic of your bike and I'll keep an eye out on this side of the border. I'm planning on checking out the Police Auction this weekend, although it's probably too soon for it to be there already. I know at least one CG powered MAB is going on the block, will know more after checking out the preview later today.

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
0404140856a.jpg
View attachment 69720
Here's the only pic I've got of the bike.
Rear tire was traded for a skinnier one so the chain would have clearance, and I've since removed the fender over the rear tire as well. A yellow light was added to the neck & steel rack added to the back. Of course I have no way of knowing if the thief took it apart or not. I've decided it would have been worth it happening if I could have caught the guy in the process. The curfew is midnight at the place I stay, it wasn't that late, but the weather was bad and no one was outside at the time. At the moment he was stealing it, I was laying in bed deciding if I wanted to go out & have another cigarette or not. I decided not to, and that's the reason it was stolen, I'm not smoking enough. I've asked nearby businesses if I could see their camera footage, and they're for the most part being uncooperative, saying the police need to ask for the footage. Problem is, this isn't the crime of the century, and police in a major metro area do have bigger fish to fry, if this is to be investigated it will have to be done so by me. I also know I have slim to no chance in **** of getting it back but must try. Here's the Craigslist ad I posted including SPD case number, and a pic of the guy in the act. Too bad the resolution is so low.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/laf/4438792746.html.
Thanks for reading
.zpt

Tom Allen

Aug 20, 2013
Chicago
It hurts me to think you only had it for 2 days. Well, now you know that locks and chains don't stop a determined thief. You probably knew that already. You almost have to take the thing into the house if you can't lock it in a garage.I have mine in a locked garage chained to an iron pillar.