Thudbuster seat post for motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i purchase a thudbuster st (short travel) for my motorized cruiser a while back, it did help but for the cost i was not overly impressed, my motorized mountain bike was killing me with the terrible roads we have here in the Caribbean so i decided to try the LT (long travel) for it. all I can saw is wow, it was worth every penny, it will make your hard tail motorized bicycle feel like a full suspension bicycle. the difference in the ride is amazing, if your motorized bicycle is beating you up i recommend a thudbuster lt and i am sure you will be as impressed as i was, watch ebay and you will find a good price. below is a picture of both, the LT thudbuster is the one with the blue center.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Thanks for the pics and the tip.

I've kinda vaguely pictured an x-shaped suspension seat post arrangement in my mind for some time. I've never gotten around to trying to make it yet.

This looks a bit like what I've been imagining.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Great idea, Paul. Some pedaling purists do not like suspension seatposts because the seat will bob up and down some during hard pedaling, which reduces pedaling efficiency.
i think the compromise in pedaling efficiency is well worthwhile on gas and electric assisted bikes.
The pedaling purists will admit that the Thudbuster and other Cane Creek products are bullet proof and worth the higher price.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I have tried a lot of different suspension posts including the rox shox top of the line, and in my opinion nothing comes close to the thudbuster LT. check your bike shop and see if they will let you try one out. i really am amazed by the difference it makes on a motorized bicycle

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The main reason the Thudbuster is so much better is the fact that straight line posts tend to bind due to side loads on the slider from the seatpost angle. Keeping it greased helps, but it's still an issue.
I've coveted a Thudbuster ever since I saw one on a high-end commuter.
But they are out of my reach.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
watch ebay, I got the last one for 52 bucks shipped, guy only had a few feedbacks so no one bid on it, I have been watching for the long travel for a long time and my patience paid off, every time I get on the bike I am amazed at the difference, the short travel I am not to crazy about and I will probably sell it and watch for another long travel

billmartin

Nov 26, 2012
DETROIT
I have done a lot of investigating on the (Cane Creek LT ThudBuster $120.00 online), and I already own a cheap version suspension seatpost called the ("M-Wave" $12.00 online) and for a standard pitch bike seat post the m-wave works very well. but I also found another seat post much like the thud buster called "Sun Tour NEX"($69.00 online) made in china. this seat post is half the price of the thud buster. i think its even better than thud buster.

though I only believe these more pricey ones are nessasary for a bike that has a steeper seat post pitch, like the stingray. Otherwise save yourself some money and get just as good of a product with the m-wave :)

all three share similar aspects, except in the price range

(Suntour NEX) $70.00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEqA5nEmSD4

(M-wave) $12.00
http://www.walmart.com/ip/13012236?...33582510&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=19880599990&veh=sem